And people call our offense boring...

These may be the two best teams in CFB. With that said, I do not want to see a rematch. I hate rematches. They had their chance at home and blew it. Someone else deserves a shot.

Yeah, and guess what offense LSU used to finally beat Bama -- THE OPTION! And the commentators were praising them for it. I guess if you run the option in the sec, then it's not a high school offense. Remember the 2006 ACCCG? Same score. Nobody was slobbering on themselves over that one.

(Double standard)^infinity.

Well from what I've heard most of the rest of the SEC (aside from the leg humpers) don't really hate on the option that much anymore.

Florida won titles with an O that had a lot of option elements in it. MSU now runs a similar O.

Finally got tired of missed FG's and went to bed. If that is the best two teams in CFB, we are in trouble. Andrew Luck would have thrown at least 3 TD's against both teams and Okie St would have scored more than 9 points.
Arkansas scored 10 on Bama and they are arguably just as good as Okie St. on offense......

Granted Stanford and Okie St would put up more points in this game, they would have allowed a lot more too.

Including this 9 point effort LSU is still averaging 35 ppg. They just ran up against the #1/#2 D in the country.

Luck would have a harder time against these teams because both would effectively shut down Stanford's run game and their play action game wouldn't be as effective.

Okie St would just be run over all game, their D line isn't very good at all.

We all know most football games are won in the trenches and neither Stanford or Okie St can match up to the lines that LSU or Bama have.

Thanks for the sensible, if politically incorrect on this board, post.

Every week is different in football. I disagree. Those teams would wallop any team on the grid. Look at GT. Everyone jumped off the bandwagon 2 weeks ago and we played well against Clemson. It might look ugly, but that's because the defense is that good. D wins championships right? LSU will win no matter howmuch I hate them.

Every week is different in football. I disagree. Those teams would wallop any team on the grid. Look at GT. Everyone jumped off the bandwagon 2 weeks ago and we played well against Clemson. It might look ugly, but that's because the defense is that good. D wins championships right? LSU will win no matter howmuch I hate them.

Seems like I heard the same thing before OU got walloped by an unknown and Alabama got embarrassed in the Sugar Bowl a few years back.

Kind of like the Chic fil A and Orange bowl. Just saying. Defense wins. Our offense can win, but without LOS play won't happen. Boring game yes, but will win a championship. When we win both sides of LOS, then I would be more than happy with a 17-3 win.... Or 9-6

Back