And so it begins.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Talking heads discussing if Florida beats Alabama in the SECCG then Bama, Florida, and Texas A&M go to the final four.

If Florida beats Bama and Clemson beats ND, and there are no major upsets elsewhere, it'll be Clemson, Florida, Ohio State, and either ND or Bama. Frankly, ND would be more deserving (unless they just get destroyed vs. Clemson with Trevor), but I think Bama is the better team and it wouldn't shock me for them to get the nod.

Of course, this is all assuming that Ohio State is basically anointed a spot.

The morons doing commentary on the tOSU-MSU game have been basically begging all day for Clemson to lose tonight.

If a 1 loss Clemson beats a previously undefeated Notre Dame then they’re both in. Plus Ohio State is a lock.... so the math on the above scenario doesn’t add up.
This. There would be a mutiny if the SEC pushed out the other three.

If Florida beats Bama and Clemson beats ND, and there are no major upsets elsewhere, it'll be Clemson, Florida, Ohio State, and either ND or Bama. Frankly, ND would be more deserving (unless they just get destroyed vs. Clemson with Trevor), but I think Bama is the better team and it wouldn't shock me for them to get the nod.

Of course, this is all assuming that Ohio State is basically anointed a spot.
Honestly if this happens, id guess bama is in and its down to UF and ND for the final spot, they'll do crazy mental gymnastics to justify Bama over Florida whilst simultaneously putting Clemson in over ND, they'll also go crazy with seeding to ensure no all conference semifinal

Honestly if this happens, id guess bama is in and its down to UF and ND for the final spot, they'll do crazy mental gymnastics to justify Bama over Florida whilst simultaneously putting Clemson in over ND, they'll also go crazy with seeding to ensure no all conference semifinal

I can't see any way a 1-loss conference champion Florida doesn't get in, especially since they would have beaten Bama the day before.

I can't see any way a 1-loss conference champion Florida doesn't get in, especially since they would have beaten Bama the day before.
Should be, I just don't believe it would happen, though. If the committee is pick 3 of Clemson, nd, Bama, and uf, I think uf will get left out

Should be, I just don't believe it would happen, though. If the committee is pick 3 of Clemson, nd, Bama, and uf, I think uf will get left out

Yeah, just can't see any way that would happen. I don't think any team has lost head to head to a team in a championship game and gotten in over that team.

If I didn't spend so much money on strippers, I'd be a millionaire.

Listening to a set of talking/screaming heads speculate on the CFP is a waste of time and an unnecessary use of oxygen and addition of CO2 to the environment.

I pray that TAMU doesnt get into the playoff because my Aggie wife would be insufferable and insist on us going to the TAMU super spreader event just to watch them get wiped by some elite team.

This entire season is a farce anyway, so why not?

Back in Realville . . . Bama has a lifetime pass courtesy of 247sports and Rivals. So they are an auto selection.

The northest media which runs college football love the Golden Domers more than Antonio Cromartie loved baby mamas. So they are a mortal lock.

The Big FOURTEEN is its usual annual joke, so OSU is another mortal lock. And a mortal lock to get bumrushed in the first round against whomever they face.

UF will not beat Bama, so that is moot. It's funny to even see folks suggest that with a straight face.

Cincinnati is not a P5 school, and therefore they are ineligible this year and every year.

But Clemson better run the table, or the committee WILL choose a one loss A&M over a two loss Tigers team.

I'm not so sure Clemson will beat ND in the rematch. Clems defense looks human recently and Trevor does too. Bama's lowest points this year has been 38.

Last edited:
Back