And so it begins.

Should be, I just don't believe it would happen, though. If the committee is pick 3 of Clemson, nd, Bama, and uf, I think uf will get left out
If Florida beats Alabama in the SECCG, Florida is in, period.

Talking heads discussing if Florida beats Alabama in the SECCG then Bama, Florida, and Texas A&M go to the final four.
Ala beats fla. but assuming an upset, unless pummeled, a one loss alabama team gets in over n dame, assuming klempsum beats them, which is not as certain as the ala-fla sec championship.

with no losses, ohio st gets in.

If nd-klempson, ala, fla all with one loss, it becomes an ugly fight. Most of comittee would want to leave out one of Acc vs one of sec. Add in notre dame media power and it’s difficult. Assuming u just had klempsum and fla win title games, you have to let them in So the ala nd debate would go viral. And i hope it would blow it to 8 teams at some point.

its a large bunch of dumb asses that concocked a playoff where at least one of the power five conference champs cant play for the ntnl championship, Even in a normal year. Dumb asses. What other sport in ncaa does that??

8teams, 5 automatic champs in, committee to get next three choices. Then a cincy gets a shot as eight seed and #2s in sec and acc would be in this year. Quarters as part of new year bowl games. Semis two weeks later and finals two weeks later in superbowl bye weekend. It’s just that simple.

Lol all wrong. Tulsa beats cinci twice in a row to go in with bama clemson and OSU. You heard it here first. And before you laugh at me they have a real p5 defense and a QB with an NFL arm who if he can get going in the 1st qtr makes them hard to beat.

You heard it here first.

Lol all wrong. Tulsa beats cinci twice in a row to go in with bama clemson and OSU. You heard it here first. And before you laugh at me they have a real p5 defense and a QB with an NFL arm who if he can get going in the 1st qtr makes them hard to beat.

You heard it here first.

Well, they cheat in Tulsa so I'm not surprised.

Ohio State wins the NC this year. They have by far the best QB at the college level. And Kirby Not-So-Smart looks like the inept coach he is for mismanaging. Bets?

At this point I think Bama is in regardless of the SEC Championship game result. They aren't going to drop from #1 to #5 unless Florida wins like 55-0

No team in history has been given the benefit of the doubt more than ND. Notre Dame record in BCS/Playoff games is abysmal and all the loses have been lopsided blowouts. ND is 0-6 in such games and the average score is somethng like 38-9.

Last edited:
At this point I think Bama is in regardless of the SEC Championship game result. They aren't going to drop from #1 to #5 unless Florida wins like 55-0

No team in history has been given the benefit of the doubt more than ND. Notre Dame record in BCS/Playoff games is abysmal and all the loses have been lopsided blowouts.
The only way I can see Bama being left out if they lose to UF, regardless of score, is this scenario. Clemson beats ND in a close game and OSU wins out and wins B1G. Clemson and Florida will be locks for winning ACC/SEC. ND will be a lock for having the best regular season record and the best win (10-0 with a win vs. #1 Clemson). The fight for 4th will be between Bama and OSU. Since you already have 2 ACC(ish?) teams in, I don't see how they put 2 SEC teams also in and leave B1G out when OSU passes the eye test and wins the conference undefeated, no matter if they only play 7 games.

Personally, my gut says Clemson makes a statement against ND in the ACC-CG, and it's not close. This may very well knock ND out, even if UF doesn't win. You could still have A&M sneak in at 4.

The only way I can see Bama being left out if they lose to UF, regardless of score, is this scenario. Clemson beats ND in a close game and OSU wins out and wins B1G. Clemson and Florida will be locks for winning ACC/SEC. ND will be a lock for having the best regular season record and the best win (10-0 with a win vs. #1 Clemson). The fight for 4th will be between Bama and OSU. Since you already have 2 ACC(ish?) teams in, I don't see how they put 2 SEC teams also in and leave B1G out when OSU passes the eye test and wins the conference undefeated, no matter if they only play 7 games.

Personally, my gut says Clemson makes a statement against ND in the ACC-CG, and it's not close. This may very well knock ND out, even if UF doesn't win. You could still have A&M sneak in at 4.

I tend to agree that Clemson wins the rematch. I think a one loss ND likely gets in over A&M though. I don't think Ohio State should get in if they only play 6 games. The B1G did it to themselves with the absurd protocols they put in place. Not fair for the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 to play full schedules and risk losses and have Ohio State walk in only playing 6 or 7 games.

I tend to agree that Clemson wins the rematch. I think a one loss ND likely gets in over A&M though. I don't think Ohio State should get in if they only play 6 games. The B1G did it to themselves with the absurd protocols they put in place. Not fair for the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 to play full schedules and risk losses and have Ohio State walk in only playing 6 or 7 games.
Can you cite a positive correlation between the NCAA entity and the variable you term "fairness"?

I wouldn’t count Florida out of the SECCG. When they start hot they score points in droves and Mullen knows how to exploit Saban’s defense.

Ohio State wins the NC this year. They have by far the best QB at the college level. And Kirby Not-So-Smart looks like the inept coach he is for mismanaging. Bets?
You mean the Gaggers are out of the hunt? But they always are the preseason pick!

ND gets in for the ratings. Pure and simple. An all South final four would not be watched by the rest of the world. Another reason the undeserving Buckeyes get in. And I hope it’s Clemson/ ND in the Championship game.

You heard it here first.
I actually didn’t hear it here first. So you can go öööö yourself.

Somehow your friends in those Piedmont Park bathrooms always get the information before I do!
No they don’t! That’s not where I heard it from! We talk about completely different topics.

Back