And then there were 10

That's not really fair. The SEC will definitely have one team that deserves to be in it.

There's a lot of hype, especially when you start going down the list of their highly ranked teams, but they still have some of the best teams in the nation. They didn't win all those BCS titles based purely on hype, and it's tough to envision a scenario where the SEC champion wouldn't deserve to make the playoff.

Maybe, maybe not.

I'm just tired of the propaganda machine giving them a leg up on everyone else.

You think SEC had no chance when it was Alabama-LSU? But that's what got played, and I don't think it was because they were the most deserving two teams at the time. If every game counts, then why a rematch?

That's not really fair. The SEC will definitely have one team that deserves to be in it.

There's a lot of hype, especially when you start going down the list of their highly ranked teams, but they still have some of the best teams in the nation. They didn't win all those BCS titles based purely on hype, and it's tough to envision a scenario where the SEC champion wouldn't deserve to make the playoff.

There's scenarios where they don't. I don't think a 2-loss SEC champ goes in over a 1-loss other P5 team. If that happens, no SEC team gets in.

That's not really fair. The SEC will definitely have one team that deserves
(sic)
to be in it.

There's a lot of hype, especially when you start going down the list of their highly ranked teams, but they still have some of the best
most over rated
teams in the nation. They didn't win all those BCS titles based purely on hype,
$$$$$$$
and it's tough to envision a scenario where the SEC champion wouldn't deserve to make the playoff.

fixed.

(sic)
most over rated $$$$$$$

fixed.

You didn't change the part about it being tough to envision the SEC champion not deserving to make it to the playoff. Does that mean you agree?

ITJacket said:
There's scenarios where they don't. I don't think a 2-loss SEC champ goes in over a 1-loss other P5 team. If that happens, no SEC team gets in.

Agreed, probably not. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility though -- say, if one of their losses was against a tough OOC opponent and the one loss team just played patsies for OOC.

In any case, I think the fears of SEC bias in the committee are exaggerated. Most likely they'll get one team in unless two other conference champions crap the bed and have two or more losses, in which case boo-hoo.

Back