Anecdotal Week 1 Takeaways

ptcJacket

Varsity Lurker
I've been in Alaska for over a week (still here actually) but I've been trying to keep up with games. Broad brush strokes here, but this is my 2 cents, understanding that it is week 1:

1) The ACC does not look as stout as it did last year. ClemPson appears to have reloaded, as they say, and FSU looked good for 27.5 mins, but now they're probably done w/o Francois. UNC, lots to work on. Pitt, definitely missing Matt Canada. Miami, they were tight with Bethune Cookman right up to halftime. UVA, embarrassing. We'll see about VT tomorrow. No read on Duke even though they won big.

2) As an extension of point 1, we absolutely have a path to the ACCCG.

3) Alabama and LSU both looked stout (but beatable) and both unlikely to be challenged in the SEC. The East (SEC) for sure will be horrible. My money is on Missouri at this point.

4) I think Penn State is actually pretty good

5) Sony Michel is definitely a better back than Nick Chubb. Fromm probably under center from now on, and he may get killed before he learns to read a defense. No natty this year...again.

See everyone Monday night.

3) Alabama and LSU both looked stout (but beatable) and both unlikely to be challenged in the SEC. The East (SEC) for sure will be horrible. My money is on Missouri at this point.

Auburn impressed me. They held a usually pesky GaSo team to 78 total yards. Their new QB, transfer from Baylor, is the best they've had since Nick Marshall.

Tennessee is probably the best team in the East. I look forward to our championship.

It's week 1. 90% of everybody in week 1 looks like öööö, "beatable", not that good, etc.

The only teams I'm sold on are Bama and Clemson. Not sure what folks saw in a 27-0 win by LSU over a BYU team that's not really expected to do much :dunno:

Auburn impressed me. They held a usually pesky GaSo team to 78 total yards. Their new QB, transfer from Baylor, is the best they've had since Nick Marshall.

Tennessee is probably the best team in the East. I look forward to our championship.

Auburn looked good; but GaSo was a mess on offense. I wouldn't expect much out of GaSo for a while.

Clemson's QB looked scary good, but consider the opposition.

We are gonna win the ACC this season

Bama and LSU look pretty solid. Clemson's still up in the air. Auburn looks better. Florida and McElwain are in trouble. South Carolina's D sux. The ACCCG is doable.

Who are the officials for Monday night?
They are being taken care of sir.
FC-bathroom.png

You sound like the kind of UGA fan that got Richt fired.

Hyperbole, much?

I think we've all witnessed impressive wins over inferior teams, gotten the hype train fired up for blast off, only to watch the thing derail when faced with tougher opponents. Week 1 in college football is just that ... week 1 in college football. #thosewhodonotreadhistory

Back