Anecdotal Week 1 Takeaways

Florida still doesn't have an offense, and Michigan shoved their collective dick down the UF defense's throat. Kizer looked like a steamy pile of poo in the second half.

Auburn looked good; but GaSo was a mess on offense. I wouldn't expect much out of GaSo for a while.
Agreed. GSU O line did nothing last night and the new QB looked terrible. Auburn had three turnovers and missed 2 field goals (one was from 50 plus) or that score would have been even worse. And Auburn was without its top RB.

Florida still doesn't have an offense, and Michigan shoved their collective dick down the UF defense's throat. Zaire looked like a steamy pile of poo in the second half.

ftfy
Kizer is with a different crappy team now

Clemson's QB looked scary good, but consider the opposition.

We are gonna win the ACC this season
Clemson did look good and is reloading. That said, they were playing a team that was advertising in the paper to get players. Nothing can be learned from that game...

Hyperbole, much?

I think we've all witnessed impressive wins over inferior teams, gotten the hype train fired up for blast off, only to watch the thing derail when faced with tougher opponents. Week 1 in college football is just that ... week 1 in college football. #thosewhodonotreadhistory

It's much less fun to be rational about college football. Can we, for a moment, just remember the joy we get from watching other people assume dumb things and freak out about surprises that should have been obvious? I say we ought to be responsible members of the community, and spaz like tards while nothing is at stake.

If Francois is out, FSU looks very pedestrian on offense. I wasn't impressed with their starting running back, who is big but looked stiff. I also wouldn't get too excited about the back up QB either; with as many hits as Francois typically takes, I can't imagine the frail looking backup to last too long. The freshman RB looked pretty good, and the defense looked great.

Bama also looks good by not great. FSU gave the game away in second half; but Bama doesn't look like it has the power run game of past years and they just don't look dominating on offense. Bama's defense looked good up front; but it may be because they weren't challenged by FSU's run game.

Florida stinks so bad on offense, again, that it would not surprise me if the HC got fired this season. The Florida defense looked good, so they may win a few games based on it.

Any 27-0 win is a convincing win.

Bumpity bumpity
JyvNpG.gif

Back