ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEW AD AT 3PM

I agree with you on that. I'm frustrated as well because we always seem so close but never quite there. But my point really was that people simply overreact to everything. We're now (or at least some of us are) convinced that the AD decision proves Clough wants to tear down our football program. But if we were going to do that, why would we hire a new AD from LSU? Like, football's pretty big there you know? Like, he's been very involved, some LSU fans would say he's their real AD. If Clough were going to kill the football program he would have hired someone from some academic bastion that plays D-III sports IMO. There's simply no way this guys is coming here from LSU without a plan to make us a major player.

I liked Curry as a choice. But that was with the hope he could get our fan base excited. It had nothing to do with thinking he would actually be the best choice as a real AD. This guy just may be. What we need now is for Bill and others who truly love Tech to rally round and give us an attitude change, instead of whining and moaning and making crazy statements.

You know, in a way I almost think we're worse than ugag fans, because we're supposed to be smarter.

[ QUOTE ]
There's simply no way this guys is coming here from LSU without a plan to make us a major player.

I liked Curry as a choice. But that was with the hope he could get our fan base excited.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you!
And again!

GT65 I think that your post illustrates what I'm talking about. You and I see potential and want our teams to reach that potential. We have expectations (these are not evil like some might suggest) that we don't feel are unreasonable and when a person feels that he/she has reasonable goals and they aren't being achieved then it becomes frustrating.

I don't think of myself as a stupid fan and I don't think of you that way either just because we have high expectations :)

I'll support Radakovich as Tech's new AD. I have no choice but to. I never said Rad would not do a good job or be a bad AD. I just believe no one was a better option than Bill Curry.

I'll like Radakovich alot better if he brings back the white shirts for home games. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2333971_80X60.jpg

Back