Announcers, per EDSBS (It is a graph)

They also overlooked the separate circle titled "Goofy Fat Bastard" with Verne Lundquist in it.

I am in the minority on this board, but I freaking love me some Corso. He cracks me up. He's also more knowledgable than people give him credit for.

While perusing EDSDS, I came across another cool graph:

Picture-8.png

I would switch Rece "peanutbutter cup" Davis with Herbstreit. Davis is clinically insane and smug. Ever since he played judge between Mark May and Lou Holtz and declared one of them as the winner, he lost all my respect. Mark May and Lou Holtz can never win in a sports debate.

Musberger was my favorite for a long time. He said something in the last year that made that change, but now I don't remember what it was so I guess he's my favorite again.
He was announcing a game several years ago, and he started rambling sort of insanely about how a particular player was the world's greatest living Christian, and how that armed him with holy power that would make his team victorious, and then that kid's team lost and Musberger cried about penalties. I pretty much just mute him now.

He still is the best. You clearly have no taste, sir.

+1 If you don't like Musberger, you need to cut your own wrists right now. People who don't like Musberger are the same type who wish that Dan Dierdorf and Al Michaels would call college football games.

I do remember one thing I loved about the 99 UGAg game was that Musberger called it. I can still hear him yelling "THEY PUT IT DOOWN!!!!"

The very best thing about Musberger is when he is calling the game and you can tell that he has money riding on it. There is no greater fun than listening to him try to contain his excitement about a meaningless score that covers the spread.

+1 If you don't like Musberger, you need to cut your own wrists right now. People who don't like Musberger are the same type who wish that Dan Dierdorf and Al Michaels would call college football games.

I wish there could be College Football TV announcers who don't play favorites and take sides. Brent Musburger is really bad about that.

Back