Another AJC article about SC State and amount of tickets sold

I appreciate the information, honestly - I really do.

But leading up to the first game of the year, I have never once cared about attendance.

Didn't they mention that UGA had tickets available for their opener as well?

I remember them blaming it on the visitors using nearly none.

SC State Coach said:
“I want to strangle him,” Pough joked on a teleconference Tuesday. “We thought we were going to play a conventional offense. That’s not to say they wouldn’t beat the starch out of us with that offense.”

As an SC State player, is this really what you want to hear your coach say the week of a game?

Well it is Labor Day Weekend after all. I think UGA will have some dead spots in their stadium for playing the powerhouse of Louisiana-Lafayette.

46,131 for JSU 09
45,706 vs JSU 08
43,288 vs Samford in 07
56,680 vs ND 06
46,459 vs UNC 05 (1st game @ Auburn)
43,100 vs Samford 04
55,000 vs Auburn 03 (1st game @ BYU)

*the above per ramblingwreck.com

You can't really compare the draw of the likes of ND, UNC, and Auburn to the draw you get for JSU and Samford. All in all, looks to me like attendance is growing. Plus its a holiday weekend.. folks are out of town/have family in town. yeah yeah i know, bring em to the game right?

As an SC State player, is this really what you want to hear your coach say the week of a game?

Pure coach-speak. I'm sure he's privately telling his guys we are ripe for the picking.

Pretty sure he also said he didn't pick up ANYTHING from watching the Miami UGA Iowa losses.

Riiiiight.

Pure coach-speak. I'm sure he's privately telling his guys we are ripe for the picking.

Pretty sure he also said he didn't pick up ANYTHING from watching the Miami UGA Iowa losses.

Riiiiight.

I hope he's telling his guys we are ripe for the picking. Because we are bitter. Hard... and bitter...?

Well it is Labor Day Weekend after all. I think UGA will have some dead spots in their stadium for playing the powerhouse of Louisiana-Lafayette.

I'll say this about my alma mater - those coona$$es know how to tailgate. I went to every home game my years at ULL - some of the best food and best people I've ever encountered at an athletic event. Yeah, they lose a lot of games, but they have one of the all time best chants in sports:

Hot boudin, cold cous cous,
let's geaux Cajuns, push, push, push

tom-ul-homecoming-09.jpg

Hot boudin, cold cous cous,
let's geaux Cajuns, push, push, push

Boudin is one of the most delicious things ever and a staple at my tailgate. We cook it on a charcoal grill and it is just incredible. I know the standard procedure is to boil it, but grilling it is oh so good.

For anyone looking to try it, here is where we get ours (in East Cobb): http://www.cobbshops.com/cajunmeatcompany/ Highly recommended.

Boudin is one of the most delicious things ever and a staple at my tailgate. We cook it on a charcoal grill and it is just incredible. I know the standard procedure is to boil it, but grilling it is oh so good.

For anyone looking to try it, here is where we get ours (in East Cobb): http://www.cobbshops.com/cajunmeatcompany/ Highly recommended.

and you will be where, exactly, on Saturday?

I've always wondered why it is that for big games, GT goes over 55,000 while no matter what UGA always tops out at 96,7whatever. Do we have a standing room only section? And do we sell more tickets than we have seats?

I've always wondered why it is that for big games, GT goes over 55,000 while no matter what UGA always tops out at 96,7whatever. Do we have a standing room only section? And do we sell more tickets than we have seats?

Likely students

46k is damn good. That would have been a sell out pre-stadium expansion.

Back