Another big DT coming to Tech

It's funny. For years, we've complained how we couldn't get wide bodies to come to Tech; we had to grow LBs into DEs and DEs into DTs. Then we get 2 HUGE DTs in one weekend, and some people still aren't happy. Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that if Chan Gailey and this staff were not the ones to secure this verbal, this would be hailed as a great find for the coaching staff? Hopefully, getting 2 big uglies to stick in the interior of that defensively line will help us begin to control the line of scrimmage. Heck, you might not like him, but you can't argue with the idea that Tech needs to get bigger to challenge for championships.

Jacketguy, you haven't read many of my post or you would have seen that I don't follow the recruiting guides. I do not deny that the coachesknow talent when they see it. For certain positions they may not be able to sign the top talent whether it be those at the top have already comitted elsewhere or grades or the lack of tradition at that position. THE ONLY TRUE INDICATER OF TALENT IS WHO ACTUALLY OFFERED A SCHOLOSHIP. IF IT IS A PERENIAL TOP @% PROGRAM THATS GOOD-IF IT IS TEAMS SUCH AS VANY,DUKE,RUTGERS,TOLEDO,ect.AND NO OTHER TOP PROGRAM THEN THERE IS CONCERN IF OUT OF 25 SHIPS TO GIVE MORE THAN 10 COME THAT BOTTEM LIST!

Indian Buzz, you to need sit down and my post before you spout at the mouth!! Especially about Wrotto and I have said NOTHING negative about Newberry. If think that then there are schools that teach reading.

Techrod, you're right. You haven't said anything negative. However, you're implications aren't exactly of a positive nature either. The truth is that we have no idea who was going to offer or what programs thought highly of him. If Bobby Bowden recently requested film, and Larry Coker had just visited him, as some have reported, that's a good sign. It could also be that Vandy is working to upgrade their program. A number of issues could be at work here. I just think that the Tech family should give these guys a chance to see what they can do before we tear them down. By the way, I'll stop by the bookstore today after my final to see if they have any reading skills for sale.

Originally posted by techrod:
Indian Buzz, you to need sit down and my post before you spout at the mouth!! Especially about Wrotto and I have said NOTHING negative about Newberry. If think that then there are schools that teach reading.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Thanks Indian Buzz, To all I again am not saying I don't want Newberry quite the contrary! My concern is you can have too many sleepers. Newberry may be late coming blue chipper. Its just that your recruiting class MUST be made up of those with offers as I stated in my last post. If you think I am negative then read my last topic (new commitments].

Originally posted by Indian Buzz:
It's funny. For years, we've complained how we couldn't get wide bodies to come to Tech; we had to grow LBs into DEs and DEs into DTs. Then we get 2 HUGE DTs in one weekend, and some people still aren't happy. Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that if Chan Gailey and this staff were not the ones to secure this verbal, this would be hailed as a great find for the coaching staff? Hopefully, getting 2 big uglies to stick in the interior of that defensively line will help us begin to control the line of scrimmage. Heck, you might not like him, but you can't argue with the idea that Tech needs to get bigger to challenge for championships.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Could not agree more

The moral of this story is...........

Some people will bitch if you hang 'em with a new rope.

Selah.

If we are going after "sleepers" then this is the sort I want.We have had few 300lb DTs lately.btw-the size stats are varying.One place says 6-1,315 another 6-3,290.My guess 6-1,300+.

Techrod, you just don't get it, do you? You cannot force kids to come here just because they are recruited by other big schools.

We are not going to get the recruits that refuse to come to GT, regardless if they are recruited by Notre Dame, Michigan, Sou Cal, Texas, FSU, Alabama, etc. We will get players that can cope academically and accept our offer of a scholarship.

Other than that, I see no value to your argument, other than to stroke your ego and say you are right. Okay, you are right, now go find BeeWare and celebrate with him.

By the way, I will assign your one post as #1 for you. Next time you post the same message, just insert #1.

drinking.gif

What this thread shows me is the PASSION WE ALL HAVE FOR THE SUCCESS OF GEORGIA TECH. In no way, shape or form do I find these postings negative towards a student/athlete or coach.

Everyone posting here wouldn't be here if it weren't for the love of a school and its athletic programs. We hope for the best and while we do that we communicate what we think, always for the betterment of GTech! Even in the negative mode I always see our passion for our successes! It speaks volumes for us diehards and the rest of the Tech fan base.

We agree to disagree at times and that's okay ... we usually gets some great feedback when we do that and that does include Beeware! Our 'food for thought' is intelligent, informative and productive for those of us who care the way we do about Georgia Tech!

Back