another Cane fan figured out the 3-O

For the record, Tech has more bowl wins, and a better percentage. We also have a better all time winning percentage, more conference championships, the coach who the award is named after, and the most ridiculous lopsided victory in sports history.

But hey, Miami has transvestite prostitutes, mountains of cocaine and exotic venereal diseases, so that has to be worth something.
Actually Miami has a better all time winning % than we do.

63.4% to 59.5%

Other than that, they're street thugs.

From the ESPN.com Miami Hurricanes board

"GT option is a true Wildcat that the Dolphins run. It is a QB keeper, on a delay, most of the time, and a run up the gut. This is different than the old Nebraska option for which defenses needed speed to catch up to the edge of the field. In GT option you need big stuffers to stuff the middle, and not much speed is needed because action is delayed. So basically a defense needs to delay-blitz the middle , and play man, which is what the Ravens did against the Dolphins in the playoffs last year."

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=ncaa&id=2390&tid=5382808&lid=6

Well, back to the original post....

Ever stopped to think that perhaps the miami coaches are having their kids put this ignorant-sounding drivel out on purpose?

Well, back to the original post....

Ever stopped to think that perhaps the miami coaches are having their kids put this ignorant-sounding drivel out on purpose?

I don't think any of their kids are putting out any ignorant-sounding drivel. It's all fans. After last year, I don't think Miami's coaching staff or players have any misconceptions about our offense being easy to stop.

Actually Miami has a better all time winning % than we do.

63.4% to 59.5%

Other than that, they're street thugs.
According to wikipedia, which is the source of all true and actual knowledge at any given moment, our all time record is 666–445–43 (.668).

And I hesitate to call Miami street thugs now. Street thugs get things done. Miami just sucks.

I think this Miami game is setting up to be big for us. The whole city of Miami is buzzing about how great the Canes are, but they barely hung on to beat FSU who couldn't punch the ball into the end zone at the end of the game.

We destroyed them last year when they were "hot" and they had no answer to our offense. This year we are running the option even better, we have one more game of experience under our belts, and the Miami players are getting super cocky due to all the positive press in that town over a marginal win. Look for a big game for Morgan Burnett and Josh Nesbitt.

I think this Miami game is setting up to be big for us. The whole city of Miami is buzzing about how great the Canes are, but they barely hung on to beat FSU who couldn't punch the ball into the end zone at the end of the game.

We destroyed them last year when they were "hot" and they had no answer to our offense. This year we are running the option even better, we have one more game of experience under our belts, and the Miami players are getting super cocky due to all the positive press in that town over a marginal win. Look for a big game for Morgan Burnett and Josh Nesbitt.

What worries me is that MJ, Vance, and Richard had a field day on the QB last year. Hope we have the same success, but me thinks that or offense will have to have a good day. I predict high scoring game.

It seems like everyone is predicting a high scoring game, which usually means it will be a low scoring game. Hopefully we have the higher of the low scores.

We destroyed them last year when they were "hot" and they had no answer to our offense. This year we are running the option even better...

I disagree. At this point, we are not running the option better than we were during November of last year. I still think we win, but in a fairly close one. Still, I hope the offense can take a huge step forward towards "clicking" this Thursday night.

I disagree. At this point, we are not running the option better than we were during November of last year. I still think we win, but in a fairly close one. Still, I hope the offense can take a huge step forward towards "clicking" this Thursday night.

We did much better against Clemson than we did last year, maybe not in the 2nd and 3rd quarter but over the whole game. We remember the losses, but they were mostly due to turnovers. We even had a good bit of offense against LSU. Clemson's D was the only team that truly shut it down.

I expect a very high-scoring game. No matter the quality of FSU's defense, I was pretty impressed with how well UM executed against them.

If shame is truly a motivator then I think our offense looks better Thurs.

I am hopeful that some of the stuttering this year is attributable to the fact that we are struggling with new parts of his offense. It took quite a while for us to get proficient at the running game last year. It'll take a while with the new passing wrinkles this year. Nesbitt and the guys are winners and they'll come along. If we can keep winning while perfecting the "new" parts of the bone, it's time well spent. We could be a pretty scary offense come late November and early December:fingersx: if we are as good with the new and old stuff at that point as we were with the basics at the end of last season.

If shame is truly a motivator then I think our offense looks better Thurs.

You may be right.

Actually, I was telling my dad as we left the game last Thursday night, that it's almost better that Tech won the way they did--confident from the win, but with the humble realization they've got a lot more to work on to get consistently better.

I too expect an improvement this week. (At least I can't see Josh throwing 3 for 14 again. :fingersx: )

I am hopeful that some of the stuttering this year is attributable to the fact that we are struggling with new parts of his offense. It took quite a while for us to get proficient at the running game last year. It'll take a while with the new passing wrinkles this year. Nesbitt and the guys are winners and they'll come along. If we can keep winning while perfecting the "new" parts of the bone, it's time well spent. We could be a pretty scary offense come late November and early December:fingersx: if we are as good with the new and old stuff at that point as we were with the basics at the end of last season.

I'm afraid I can't buy into this. I'd be utterly shocked if any new stuff we did over the offseason even comes close to how hard it was to learn how to do the normal option plays. I think a more likely reason for our occasions of offensive ineptitude in the last 2 games is that:
a) the players hadn't played live football for over half a year
b) this fact probably hurts the offensive line a bit more because our defensive line is not as strong compared to many other ACC teams (like Clemson's)

Also, if Nesbitt has a drive or two in the first half with 20-30 yards passing each (on more than one pass!), things get a bit easier I'd bet.

Basically, can't expect an offense to pick up at the start of a season where they left of last season in terms of execution.
Should take till Miami or UNC for us. Remember last year we had offensive issues against BC and VPI then blew the socks of Miss St. (4th game in).

According to wikipedia, which is the source of all true and actual knowledge at any given moment, our all time record is 666–445–43 (.668).

And I hesitate to call Miami street thugs now. Street thugs get things done. Miami just sucks.
Check your math. They're 15th all time and we're 27th.

laguaira13 (9/15/2009 at 12:59 AM)
Report Violation
You ignorant techy fuks! Miami is a f**in dynasty that has produced more rings, undefeated seasons, bowls, records and NFL stars than your institute of technology ever will. Wow, you beat us a few times during our rebuilding years and you start talking ####. Is okay to get excited when you win or have some success specially if you are not used to it, but dam bumble bees don't loose your f**in heads. I can't wait until you come into our house thursday and we teach you some respect!
Go CaNeS!

LOL at "rebuilding years". Uhhh, dude, your entire roster turns over in 4 years.

i agree with most of this but please don't call it the "bone".

i agree with most of this but please don't call it the "bone".

I completely understand why a Tech fan would be against calling our offense the bone. However, I think that nickname could afford some (admittedly low-brow) comedic relief. "Duke is gonna get boned" and the like. I think the bone should see some spot playing time as the 5th best name for our offense.

Back