If you wanna do right by your appetite,
If you're fussy about your food,
Take a choo-choo today, head New England way,
And we'll put you in the happiest mood. with:

Shoo Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy
Makes your eyes light up,
Your tummy say "Howdy."
I never get enough of that wonderful stuff.

Shoo Fly Pie and Apple Pan dowdy makes the sun come out
When Heavens are cloudy,
Shoo Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy,
I never get enough of that wonderful stuff!

Mama! When you bake,
Mama! I don't want cake;
Mama! For my sake
Go to the oven and make some ever lovin' Sh,

Your tummy say "Howdy, "

It's pretty clear that the new staff was not into him, prototypical option lineman who played in the triple O in high school. He could have signed, but I don't even count this as a "flip".

Prototypical is nonsense, dude is 6'4" 285 according to rivals. He could have played in any offense had he put in the effort.

But it sounds like this guy has an effort and commitment problem and the new staff didn't want him. Dude with no other P5 offers wanted to be coddled by the new staff and, when he didn't get the love he didn't earn, he went off crying. Probably good he didn't sign, I'll bet he never sees the field and uvag just wasted a scholly

May as well repeat myself again.

This was a Sewak recruit who constantly got his ass kicked at camps during pass protection drills.
This is your most coherent post. Thank you giving up your habit.

This was a Sewak recruit who constantly got his ass kicked at camps during pass protection drills.
His highlights were decent. He had size and a frame capable of carrying more weight. I can't speak to his performance at camps. But we already have several really big frames on campus. The hope is that Brent Key can improve them. I don't think we ran this guy off. If you look at his other offers we were the only P5 program and nearly the only FBS program that offered.

His highlights were decent. He had size and a frame capable of carrying more weight. I can't speak to his performance at camps. But we already have several really big frames on campus. The hope is that Brent Key can improve them. I don't think we ran this guy off. If you look at his other offers we were the only P5 program and nearly the only FBS program that offered.
If we didn't contact him, than I consider we ran him off. Especially with this staff.

And all that means 4 and 5 starz incoming....

This will be forgotten quickly,
but it’s not a great look when the recruit comes out & says “after no contact...”

That creates a perception that we either had an oversight, we dropped the ball, or couldn’t have been bothered with letting him know we wanted to pull the offer.

There’s a few ways this could have gone down & this was probably the least favorable.

That said, all parties including the boards will move on & this will quickly pass.

but it’s not a great look when the recruit comes out & says “after no contact...”

That creates a perception that we either had an oversight, we dropped the ball, or couldn’t have been bothered with letting him know we wanted to pull the offer.

There’s a few ways this could have gone down & this was probably the least favorable.

That said, all parties including the boards will move on & this will quickly pass.

DsfufGeh.jpg

Good luck to the young man but from his offer list, unless misinformed, was not someone we might need.

Use that ship elsewhere.

I don't think we pulled his offer. We didn't pull it in December and I doubt we did now. I just think we stopped recruiting him so he understood that if he still wanted to come here, which he could have, he probably wouldn't play much and probably wouldn't be happy.

In other words, we fixed the glitch.

I don't think we pulled his offer. We didn't pull it in December and I doubt we did now. I just think we stopped recruiting him so he understood that if he still wanted to come here, which he could have, he probably wouldn't play much and probably wouldn't be happy.

In other words, we fixed the glitch.
This situation is not a big deal IMHO, but the staff should probably have told him as much to his face rather than let him surmise it from their silence. (If that's even what happened. We've only got one side of the store here.)

This situation is not a big deal IMHO, but the staff should probably have told him as much to his face rather than let him surmise it from their silence. (If that's even what happened. We've only got one side of the store here.)
Right... for all we know, they may have. We'll never know because staff can't comment on recruits.

If you wanna do right by your appetite,
If you're fussy about your food,
Take a choo-choo today, head New England way,
And we'll put you in the happiest mood. with:

Your tummy say "Howdy."
I never get enough of that wonderful stuff.

Shoo Fly Pie and Apple Pan dowdy makes the sun come out
When Heavens are cloudy,
Shoo Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy,

Mama! When you bake,
Mama! I don't want cake;
Mama! For my sake
Go to the oven and make some ever lovin' Sh,

Your tummy say "Howdy, "
Good one.

Doesn't need a new thread, but Dowdy committed to App St. yesterday and our other unsigned December commit, Joshua Black committed to Louisville today, also citing lack of contact. Not a surprise. It was pretty evident we had moved on.

Still, if it’s true they didn’t fit into what we’re looking for in OL going forward, the coaching staff could tell the kid that. No harm in being straight up with a kid.
Remember, TStan told CGC you will honor the commits PJ got. But I’d rather see us continue the trait of being upfront and honest with a prospect
So how many OL are we bringing in now for 2019? The one grad transfer from Vandy and anybody else?

Back