Another Defection

Still, if it’s true they didn’t fit into what we’re looking for in OL going forward, the coaching staff could tell the kid that. No harm in being straight up with a kid.
Remember, TStan told CGC you will honor the commits PJ got. But I’d rather see us continue the trait of being upfront and honest with a prospect
So how many OL are we bringing in now for 2019? The one grad transfer from Vandy and anybody else?
Black took an official in mid-December and posted pics with CGC. He had an offer and could have gotten a free ride to GT if he had signed his LOI in December. He chose not to for whatever reason. Even when PJ was here, he said he was signing in February. You do that if you are waiting on a better offer. Makes me wonder if he ever really wanted to be at GT.

Black took an official in mid-December and posted pics with CGC. He had an offer and could have gotten a free ride to GT if he had signed his LOI in December. He chose not to for whatever reason. Even when PJ was here, he said he was signing in February. You do that if you are waiting on a better offer. Makes me wonder if he ever really wanted to be at GT.

I got no problem if a kid decides to wait until the regular signing day - could be any number of reasons for not signing in December. But like Dowdy, it appears he shut down his recruiting and wasn't scheduling visits, until the new staff wasn't getting in touch with them.
if a kid wants to wait to sign, as long he has shut down his recruiting and isn't taking other visits, I don't have a lot of heartburn with that.

I got no problem if a kid decides to wait until the regular signing day - could be any number of reasons for not signing in December. But like Dowdy, it appears he shut down his recruiting and wasn't scheduling visits, until the new staff wasn't getting in touch with them.
if a kid wants to wait to sign, as long he has shut down his recruiting and isn't taking other visits, I don't have a lot of heartburn with that.
There would only be two reasons to wait that I can think of. You aren’t sure of your decision or you have not been accepted yet academically.

It simply makes no sense to not sign early unless you are unsure of your decision. Jamious did not sign early because he knew he was likely not going to NCSU. Same with Black not signing with GT.

Javier Morton, an Alabama 2020 commit, is tweeting lots of good stuff about GT. He was on campus today. He is from Stephenson. Nothing about the Joshua Black situation makes me think we did him wrong. The coaches seem to be making good inroads at Stephenson.

Back