Another example of NCAA being dumb

Yeah, as if we were running low and needed some more.

I find it ironic that UNC fans are mad at the NCAA when only a few short years ago, the same NCAA gave the basketball program a pass for players that weren't even students.

That's purely an academic thing. Their hands were tied. Don't you see? A few non-athletes were in those classes too, so it has nothing to do with athletics.

In all seriousness, I want both sides to lose this battle.

Sorry, you can't just cry "mental health" and get a free pass on everything in life. Seems to be the trend these days in this country.

Mental illness is real but if it's serious enough that you are requesting special treatment, it should be serious enough that you are being seen and have documentation.

Without knowing the details, I do find it compelling that his two previous schools provided testimonials in support of the request. Seems the school is more upset than the player - maybe the player should focus on his mental health during this time.

I just can't get that worked up over this and find Coach Brown's outrage a bit self-serving. And right or wrong, I can't discount the idea that UNC knew or expected this outcome and started looking around for WR to poach. **coughnatemccollumcough**

I find it ironic that UNC fans are mad at the NCAA when only a few short years ago, the same NCAA gave the basketball program a pass for players that weren't even students.
you mean that they have players that have to go to class?

UNC board of Trustees meeting today to discuss Tez Walked. Possible lawsuit involved. I wonder if they play him and say F the NCAA. Could be interesting dominoes to fall.

Man, knowing the hurdles and delays Tech went through before scheduling a board meeting (that almost didn't happen) on firing TSTAN, to hear that they're having a board meeting on a single student's eligibility is just mind boggling. I'm not going to comment on who's right or wrong, but good heavens the differences in institutional priorities is glaring.

Man, knowing the hurdles and delays Tech went through before scheduling a board meeting (that almost didn't happen) on firing TSTAN, to hear that they're having a board meeting on a single student's eligibility is just mind boggling. I'm not going to comment on who's right or wrong, but good heavens the differences in institutional priorities is glaring.

Don't think of it as priorities so much as risk & support. Boards are going to be united in trying to extend playtime for a player as there's no downside other than a little time. Firing your athletic director is a much bigger deal with significant financial, political, (and unfortunately) emotional ties.

UNC board of Trustees meeting today to discuss Tez Walked. Possible lawsuit involved. I wonder if they play him and say F the NCAA. Could be interesting dominoes to fall.
UNC is probably self righteous and dumb enough to fall for this obvious set up. God I pray they do.

How is it that this player isn’t allowed to play without sitting out a year, but JT Daniels is on his 4th school without sitting out any?

What is amazingly ironic is now the NCAA is going to flex its muscles and deny kids the ability to play right on the heels of being the catalyst for the Wild West regarding the NIL and the portal

Back