ANOTHER football survey from the AA

Number of GT games you’ve attended & the max answer is 30. WTF, 5 seasons of home games not even counting bowl (yeah we really used to do those) or away games? 1 year out of college most people would be over 30 games.

Number of GT games you’ve attended & the max answer is 30. WTF, 5 seasons of home games not even counting bowl (yeah we really used to do those) or away games? 1 year out of college most people would be over 30 games.
In addition to that, their upper limit for years of going to Tech football games is 50. I know I am not the only old fart on this site, so there are a lot of us who have been attending for more than 50 years.

I have never years later said among my fan friends wow remember that high speed WiFi back in 2016? Or my parking was perfect and the price reduced hot dogs were amazing. And oh my that money down thing was great all in sync with the light show.

1640139047799.gif

I tried to take the survey serious until I reached that question about gender. As subtle as it may have appeared that question was, in my view, symbolic of the problem impacting all of sports. It has become everything but the game, the rivalries the traditions the school pride and loyalty. I was expecting to be asked about that evil fossil fuel burning wreck circling the field ? I get it in terms of the generational desire to be cool - sans recruiting but for my game day I just want a place to sit or stand and cheer and focus on the game I love. I don’t go to a game for a social statement regardless how insignificant it might appear. I also get the game day experience focus group stuff but for me my greatest game day memories have been all about great games. Great plays. I have never years later said among my fan friends wow remember that high speed WiFi back in 2016? Or my parking was perfect and the price reduced hot dogs were amazing. And oh my that money down thing was great all in sync with the light show. Maybe I am just too old to get it? Maybe there are others like me who love the college game and unique traditions but are close to moving on. I doubt we will be missed though. Who needs old fans like us? I am sure all the social justice warriors, NIL and one and done portal lovers and tradition haters will buy tickets in much greater numbers than my generation has been doing for years. Time will tell.
Wow, and i thought it was supposed to be the youths that were snowflakes.

Bring back the band, the wreck, Buzz, etc. less PA music, more traditions.

get gold jerseys and wear them a couple times

Win some games

If you’re gonna have artificial turf at least paint it and try to make it look nice otherwise bring back the grass since it looks 100x better

this isn’t rocket science. What we want is very simple and has never been an issue until the last 3 years. Just do what you’ve done for the100+ years before that and we are good

I tried to take the survey serious until I reached that question about gender. As subtle as it may have appeared that question was, in my view, symbolic of the problem impacting all of sports. It has become everything but the game, the rivalries the traditions the school pride and loyalty. I was expecting to be asked about that evil fossil fuel burning wreck circling the field ? I get it in terms of the generational desire to be cool - sans recruiting but for my game day I just want a place to sit or stand and cheer and focus on the game I love. I don’t go to a game for a social statement regardless how insignificant it might appear. I also get the game day experience focus group stuff but for me my greatest game day memories have been all about great games. Great plays. I have never years later said among my fan friends wow remember that high speed WiFi back in 2016? Or my parking was perfect and the price reduced hot dogs were amazing. And oh my that money down thing was great all in sync with the light show. Maybe I am just too old to get it? Maybe there are others like me who love the college game and unique traditions but are close to moving on. I doubt we will be missed though. Who needs old fans like us? I am sure all the social justice warriors, NIL and one and done portal lovers and tradition haters will buy tickets in much greater numbers than my generation has been doing for years. Time will tell.
All this because you were asked your gender?

I swear boomers need trigger warnings as much as the damn millennials.

All this because you were asked your gender?

I swear boomers need trigger warnings as much as the damn millennials.
Correct. I think I noted that it was the gender question which triggered “all this”. Good news though. When us old boomers are done there will be more seats for the new generation of college football fan.

I did appreciate after Budweiser the PA drowning our that stupid cadence UGAg does.

They didn't even bother sending their full band. When is the last time that happened at a GT/UGAg game?

Can't wait for Greensboro to read my answer on this one: What do you think of the ACC?

Underperforming, underwhelming, underpaid, and trapped in a bad ESPN contract because Swofford wanted to make sure his son at Raycom was part of the media deal. May not exist anymore as a conference in 15 years when the GOR expires and more realignment happens. A conference comprised of media markets just in time for bundled traditional TV to die. A conference desperately in need of more regionality. I have no interest in playing Syracuse or Boston College in anything. I don't appreciate how much the league's media partner is a shill and a semp for the SEC.

To clarify on op and the thread title, the survey seems to be at the behest of the ACC. Everybody who attended a football game at an ACC school got this survey on the exact same day.

Interesting how many questions were about the ACC. I can only hope there is discussion among GT administrators to relocate us to the B1G. I would love to see GT and Notre Dame both go to the B1G. It would help our recruiting tremendously to get out of the widely regarded weak ACC.

Last edited:
I thought the end was lolz where it asked for my contact info. Odds anyone reaches out?

But similar to others I would like to see use bring back our traditions, stop this crap that only appeals to the players. I was very strong worded that the coach needs to remember who pays his salary and stop hiding behind his he only cares about the players and locker room.. coach #wanker

I did appreciate after Budweiser the PA drowning our that stupid cadence UGAg does.

They didn't even bother sending their full band. When is the last time that happened at a GT/UGAg game?
It’s a new era with lots of juice. Things have thusly changed.

Back