Another Great CPJ Quote

I'm as big a fan of PJ as they come, but this is a disappointing quote.

It is a sign of ignorant arrogance to believe that you have thought about everything that can be thought. That thinking has been the downfall of many a Project Manager.

Now do I think that he has time to sift through numerous suggestions from random concerned parties? No. Thats looking for a needle in a haystack.

I'm as big a fan of PJ as they come, but this is a disappointing quote.

It is a sign of ignorant arrogance to believe that you have thought about everything that can be thought. That thinking has been the downfall of many a Project Manager.

Now do I think that he has time to sift through numerous suggestions from random concerned parties? No. Thats looking for a needle in a haystack.
--This----well obviously he HASN"T 'cause the solution wasn't there--(supposing there is a solution and if not we are in DEEP do-do):hsugh:

Coach Paul Johnson is easing up on players this week with concerns about tired legs after playing seven consecutive games on top of four weeks of preseason camp.

“I think that might explain a little bit where we’ve been the last couple weeks,” Johnson said,

This is a quote I'm not fond of. I can definitely understand players being tired but I'm not sure it is a good excuse. Clemson hasn't had a bye week. They've had a tougher schedule than us. And they are 7-0. If we lost because we are tired then I feel like there's a conditioning issue or the practices are overworked.

This is a quote I'm not fond of. I can definitely understand players being tired but I'm not sure it is a good excuse. Clemson hasn't had a bye week. They've had a tougher schedule than us. And they are 7-0. If we lost because we are tired then I feel like there's a conditioning issue or the practices are overworked.

Midterms at Clemson:

985381c8d9df0a0f8bec017fc5883d59577d_1Paint_By_Numbers.png

Midterms at Tech:

oldex2_8.gif

It is a sign of ignorant arrogance to believe that you have thought about everything that can be thought.

He is talking about ideas from FANS. I would like to think that CPJ can cover the bases on his own scheme better than some jackleg in the crowd. I don't know what he is supposed to say, "OK, dude in the stands, I'll give that a shot next practice"

To me its like if I practiced architecture for 20+ years and some guy who likes to look at buildings walks up and tells me I need to do things differently. I'd tell him to piss up a rope.

Having sat in his office while he draws up plays, I can tell you he has looked at everything. Now, how much time he spends thinking about all those possibilities is another thing. Some he spends a great deal of time on. Others, not so much.

Having sat in his office while he draws up plays, I can tell you he has looked at everything. Now, how much time he spends thinking about all those possibilities is another thing. Some he spends a great deal of time on. Others, not so much.
Having sat in the stands while the plays he has drawn up fail--I can only hope he spends more time thinking about all the other possibilities----just saying---:biggthumpup:

He is talking about ideas from FANS. I would like to think that CPJ can cover the bases on his own scheme better than some jackleg in the crowd. I don't know what he is supposed to say, "OK, dude in the stands, I'll give that a shot next practice"

To me its like if I practiced architecture for 20+ years and some guy who likes to look at buildings walks up and tells me I need to do things differently. I'd tell him to piss up a rope.

Many a brilliant suggestion has been made by an outsider. Assuming that 'someone that likes to look at buildings' is so inferior to you as to have no possibility of ever having a worthwile thought you have not thought of is the height if ignorant arrogance.

Second, it is also ignorant arrogance to assume that 'fans' are all 'people who like to look at football'. Fridgemover is a "fan" who played in SuperBowls under a kinda decent coaching staff. We have "fans" on here who have run variants of PJ's offense as coaches nearly as long as he has.

When he loses zero games I'll buy that he's thought of everything. Until then I suggest being a lot more open and slightly more humble.

Until then I suggest being a lot more open and slightly more humble.

I'm sure he will take your thoughts into consideration. Look for him to implement this strategy soon. I can't wait until we all get invited down to tell him how to run things.

I'm sure he will take your thoughts into consideration. Look for him to implement this strategy soon. I can't wait until we all get invited down to tell him how to run things.

I wasn't talking to him I was talking to you.

I wasn't talking to him I was talking to you.

I don't know why you are making suggestions to me in a conversation about a coach's comment. But here goes:

I'll take your thoughts into consideration. Look for me to implement your strategy soon. When do you want to come over and discuss my attitude?

I don't know why you are making suggestions to me in a conversation about a coach's comment. But here goes:

I'll take your thoughts into consideration. Look for me to implement your strategy soon. When do you want to come over and discuss my attitude?

Tuesdays are booked solid. Thursdays and Fridays are best.:wink:

I like an arrogant coach. I really do. I love that PJ is supremely confident. It is what makes him go for it on 4th when others wouldn't.

What I don't like is how the above quote is past arrogant and into ignorant.

But what is related and more disappointing is how dismissive he was of the possibility of picking up anything from Ken or Jeff when he was asked about it in an interview.

It is ignorant to think that Ken won't have a single improvement worth PJs consideration. Ken is the protege and by all accounts intelligent. To dismiss Ken means to me that PJ thinks his system is unimprovable.

Is it extremely good? yes. Is it unimprovable? I hope not.

Have you ever played football? When we were in HS we lost the opening game to an inferior team because we were worked so hard in the pre season, that we were zombies. Our coach never made that mistake again.

Back