Another recruit wavering?

College football really needs an early signing period. I have a feeling were about to get f*cked royally during the next 5 days.

I just love how were going after the rejects of the rejects at this point.

We'll just get f___ed earlier then I suppose.

We'll just get f___ed earlier then I suppose.

Somewhat but at an earlier signing period there will be much more recruits still uncommitted so instead of going after guys who are willing to commit to us now they go after guys who haven't decided yet.

Somewhat but at an earlier signing period there will be much more recruits still uncommitted so instead of going after guys who are willing to commit to us now they go after guys who haven't decided yet.

They would just 'verbally committ' earlier.

SEC Schools
95,000 seat stadiums sold out every game
SEC Schedule and atmosphere
Good looking women all over campus
You're treated like a god around campus
School is a joke

GT
Can't fill a 55,000 seat stadium when playing top 10 teams at night
lots of noon games
Female talent nothing special
lots of students and professors actually resent athletes
Academics very difficult

At the end of the day, this is VERY EASY decision for most recruits. GT Football is a hard sell.

Has he decommitted? The way this thread is going y'all expect everyone who gets a last minute offer to jump ship.

Has he decommitted? The way this thread is going y'all expect everyone who gets a last minute offer to jump ship.

no just last minute offers accompanied by last minute visits.

Just saw a tweet that says he hasnt decided on whether to visit Auburn yet, and hes still firmly commited to Tech. But Im outta here:

images

I personally am not worried about Will. I think he'll be a jacket. Crawford is probably gone IMO.

This is all part of the recruiting game, guys. We do it to the likes of Troy and MTSU all the time. There's no surprise or evil at work when higher profile programs try to cherry pick lesser profile programs at the last minute.

I've editted. I realize that Mutts like you aren't very bright.

SEC Schools
95,000 seat stadiums sold out every game oddly enough, only two SEC stadiums seat more than 95,000. UT(k) and Alabama. UT(k) does not sell out every game, and neither does South Carolina, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, or Kentucky. And most SEC schools, with the exception of Vanderbilt, do not exist in world-class cities. The only thing there is for people to do is football and drinking.

SEC Schedule and atmosphere includes lots of arrests, low graduation rates, crystal meth, etc.

Good looking women all over campus, at all SEC schools and most ACC schools, excepting Virginia Tech. Georgia Tech is conveniently located in a metropolitan city bigger than all the other SEC school's home cities combined. So, there are enough women to go around and they never have to meet one another, but there are plenty into that too.

You're treated like a god around campus until they need to cut you to make way for a new five star recruit. Then you are less than dirt, have a worthless degree (if any degree at all, which is the more likely outcome), and are pumping gas in South Carolina the rest of your life.

School is a joke, but jokes require more work than going to an SEC school. Unfortunately, so does life after getting a worthless education.

GT
Can't fill a 55,000 seat stadium when playing top 10 teams at night, but GT can get you a job at Microsoft when you graduate, as two footballers recently did. A GT degree can get you a job that only a few out of 95,000 people at an SEC stadium could fill.

lots of noon games. no sh!T. At least you get to party in Atlanta that evening instead of Alabama.

Female talent nothing special until you go off campus.
lots of students and professors actually resent athletes this just isn't fully true. lots of students and professors resent all people, including athletes.
Academics very difficult so you can get a good job and have a good life if you don't make it in the NFL. Life is much easier if you have a good job and earn a good wage.

At the end of the day, this is VERY EASY decision for most recruits. GT Football is a hard sell if someone doesn't really care about their future, but if they do, it is an easy sell.

As for recruits who aren't very bright or mature, GT is a hard sell. For those that are, it has a lot ot offer. Among that small subset of recruits with true top three rounds of the draft talent, it doesn't really matter where they go to school.

As for recruits who aren't very bright or mature, GT is a hard sell. For those that are, it has a lot ot offer. Among that small subset of recruits with true top three rounds of the draft talent, it doesn't really matter where they go to school.

It was a good effort but 95% of recruits out there don't give a flip about any of your rebuttals. News flash, the majority of these 18 yr old recruits out there would be categorized at "not very bright and mature" IMO. I know I wasn't very mature when I was 18.

Your arguments hold water in a perfect world full of stand up young men who are mature and worldly. Unfortunately, that is not even close to being the case.

Ha! The old StingTalk go to argument. If you say something that isn't bubbling with GT adulation, you must be a UGA fan.

I am a former GT athlete for your information. I am a suite ticket holder for Football and I give good money to the GTAA. How about you?

I don't think pointing out that the SEC is more attractive to impressionable 18 yr olds than the ACC is groundbreaking...just reality.

Ha! The old StingTalk go to argument. If you say something that isn't bubbling with GT adulation, you must be a UGA fan.

The Stingtalk fallback argument is that you're either a UGA fan or a nerd. The nerd one being the more entertaining.

I am a former GT athlete for your information. I am a suite ticket holder for Football and I give good money to the GTAA. How about you?

I don't think pointing out that the SEC is more attractive to impressionable 18 yr olds than the ACC is groundbreaking...just reality.

You still had a lot of incorrect information in there.

To some extent I agree--none of that arugment holds sway with a kid who is neither mature nor focused on their long-term future. But I acknowledged that in my post.

But facts are facts. And GT is a good place for the reasons I gave and has the liabilities you described. Maybe our fans, when giving a dose a criticism, could also mention the positive. We need to stop overselling our rivals, as you did, and start overselling ourselves. GT just has a reality complex. Believe it or not, overselling our school does help us.

I think that we can sell those points to a lot of people.

And yes, I hold season tickets and fly into games and give good money to Georgia Tech. I support the schoool.

A former U[sic]GA student athelete works at the place I get lunch all the time as a server. He even has a degree. If you have a suite, I'm sure we'd do well with that comparison in how our student athletes make out in the end.

It was a good effort but 95% of recruits out there don't give a flip about any of your rebuttals. News flash, the majority of these 18 yr old recruits out there would be categorized at "not very bright and mature" IMO. I know I wasn't very mature when I was 18.

Your arguments hold water in a perfect world full of stand up young men who are mature and worldly. Unfortunately, that is not even close to being the case.

That's exactly what I agreed to at the end of my post.

Take off the gold colored glasses buddy.

I went to Tech. We have a love/hate relationship. I hated it a lot of the time when I was there. Yes, I love many things about Tech. I even had a pretty darn good time there.

I also went to Ugag for grad school. You say "but Atlanta has all these women blah blah blah" and that is true, but not in the way that it affects an 18 year old. In Athens, you go downtown, or hell you even just walk around campus and you are going to see the amount of talent that Tech has in about a week. Then multiply that times the amount of weeks in the school year. You don't have to work for it. You don't have to search for it. It's just there. The Tech is in Atl excuse is the biggest load of crap Tech fans make regarding females. Being in Atl has many advantages, but it doesn't put us in the same boat as Athens in that respect.

As far as having a good time and being treated like royalty, we can't compete with that. I partied a lot at Tech. I even partied with some athletes every once in a while. This includes on campus and off. Tech athletes get their partying in, but it's nothing like Athens. Our athletes go to Athens to party when they really want to party.

I am 100% a Tech man. I hate Ugag more than most, but I can understand if an 18 year old sees all that stuff and gets excited. Obviously Ugag doesn't compete with Tech academically, but it isn't the horrible school some all yall make it out to be. You also have to remember these kids have to major in something. At Tech they are pretty much limited to MGT. Yes, that degree is a lot more valuable than a Ugag one, but maybe MGT isn't what their 18 year old brains want.

Tech is a hard sell. I agree that most bright guys are going to get sold on Tech, but most athletes aren't thinking about academics first. They want to have the best possible time in college. Our product and Ugag's just aren't the same.

You are right about the top top guys. It doesn't matter where you go. Those guys often want to compete for a national title though. Unfortunately we haven't shown that we can do that yet (since these kids have been alive). Another thing is that a lot of these kids think that they are the top top guys and fall into that trap.

Now can we find 25 guys each year that fit within the 5% AND can play football at a championship level in a BCS conference.?

Take off the gold colored glasses buddy.

I went to Tech. We have a love/hate relationship. I hated it a lot of the time when I was there. Yes, I love many things about Tech. I even had a pretty darn good time there.

I also went to Ugag for grad school. You say "but Atlanta has all these women blah blah blah" and that is true, but not in the way that it affects an 18 year old. In Athens, you go downtown, or hell you even just walk around campus and you are going to see the amount of talent that Tech has in about a week. Then multiply that times the amount of weeks in the school year. You don't have to work for it. You don't have to search for it. It's just there. The Tech is in Atl excuse is the biggest load of crap Tech fans make regarding females. Being in Atl has many advantages, but it doesn't put us in the same boat as Athens in that respect.

As far as having a good time and being treated like royalty, we can't compete with that. I partied a lot at Tech. I even partied with some athletes every once in a while. This includes on campus and off. Tech athletes get their partying in, but it's nothing like Athens. Our athletes go to Athens to party when they really want to party.

I am 100% a Tech man. I hate Ugag more than most, but I can understand if an 18 year old sees all that stuff and gets excited. Obviously Ugag doesn't compete with Tech academically, but it isn't the horrible school some all yall make it out to be. You also have to remember these kids have to major in something. At Tech they are pretty much limited to MGT. Yes, that degree is a lot more valuable than a Ugag one, but maybe MGT isn't what their 18 year old brains want.

Tech is a hard sell. I agree that most bright guys are going to get sold on Tech, but most athletes aren't thinking about academics first. They want to have the best possible time in college. Our product and Ugag's just aren't the same.

You are right about the top top guys. It doesn't matter where you go. Those guys often want to compete for a national title though. Unfortunately we haven't shown that we can do that yet (since these kids have been alive). Another thing is that a lot of these kids think that they are the top top guys and fall into that trap.

Everything you say is true, and its true everywhere but the factories.

I'll take off the gold colored glasses when you stop underselling GT.

Everyone here knows the negatives. And I know what you are saying is true of GT and many other schools The difference is, we insist on repeating it ad nauseum instead of overselling ourselves. Our fans need to start overselling GT.

Every other school's fans oversell. And that has a lot to do with why Arkansas and Clemson are considered awesome places to play football. We might not be on the same level in terms of fan support, or treating players like Gods before they finish their eligibility without a degree, but we need to bullshit with the best of them.

Back