another TUFF day for the Gailey HATERS...!

law_bee

Dodd-Like
CONGRATS CG! NICE WIN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Indeed a heartbreaker for the FOCnots.

But, they *are* Tech fans and will be heartily welcomed should they reconsider. And reconsider they should.

At first when I came to this site, I hated Gailey with a passion. I didnt learn to like him on here, just learned to support him. I did like him tonight, except for that pooch kick before the half. I hated that call, but just wanted to let you guys know you helped me along the way, to learn to support and somewhat like him. GO Gailey

Ramblin', glad to have you back. I support Chan because I think he knows a hell of a lot about football, is a great judge of football talent, and his players and coaches like and respect him. But do I wish if he had a more dynamic personality with the media and in public?
Of course I do. but nobody's perfect and winning football games at Tech is number one priority with me. These Bad Bees who favor the coach of the day can all go to hell as far as I am concerned, until they wake up and start supporting our program.

i congratulate coach gailey and the team and the entire staff, i am not a gailey hater and resent that label. i hope i am totally wrong about chan , we will see 1 game does not a season make.

If you resent that label,

may I respectfully suggest you change your posting style? For example:

--don't be a "fun sponge," i.e., let people enjoy a win before you interject your "one game does not a season make" type of comments

--stop the "hit and run" posts, consisting of one snide sentence in a thread which generates heated responses to which you will not respond

Otherwise, I fear you are doomed to the label.

Re: If you resent that label,

it was not a hit and run post, if we had lost one win would not a season make either.

And there you have it.

You may resent the label, but you have surely earned it.

why is it a tough day for Gailey haters?? if it wasnt for a few mistakes by a 1st year Auburn QB, we'd be discussing a loss right now. that doesnt actually garnish praise for Gailey.

im not a 'Gailey-hater'. but i do think there are better coaches out there and if Chan fails to show improvement this year i dont see any reason to extend his contract. there is enough talent on this team to expect an 8-9 win season.

While I don't see the need for a post like this, I don't think this comment is necessary either:

[ QUOTE ]
if it wasnt for a few mistakes by a 1st year Auburn QB,

[/ QUOTE ]

His mistakes were either directly forced by our defense or they were great individual plays (Landry's INT, Henderson's forced fumble). The game was not given away by Auburn, we took it.

We need to focus on the Heels not this overplayed FOC vs. Chan haters. If we continue to win, some will be converted but there are others who will never be happy.

i cheered for GT the whole game by myself surrounded by AU fans. i have been a Tech fan as long as i can remember. that doesnt mean that i have blinders on to negative things.

when Chan came here i was optimistic. but after watching him make zero progress with Reggie Ball from '03 to '04, watching a strong Tech team get beat by 21 points to UNC, and getting trounced by our rivals UGA... i think its time for him to move on if he doesnt show improvement this year.

with all that being said, i have no problem congratulating him on a good win against a good team such as AU. Just carry that on to the UNC game and the rest of the season.

how many of you that are praising him now are gonna sing his praises again should we get embarrassed by UNC??

[ QUOTE ]
how many of you that are praising him now are gonna sing his praises again should we get embarrassed by UNC??

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the next real test. We stole one that outsiders said we couldn't win. Now we have to win the next 2 home games against inferior opponents.

If we can remain competitive against the better teams and win against the teams we're supposed to beat, then CCG has taken us to the next level.

[ QUOTE ]
That's the next real test. We stole one that outsiders said we couldn't win. Now we have to win the next 2 home games against inferior opponents.

If we can remain competitive against the better teams and win against the teams we're supposed to beat, then CCG has taken us to the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with that a million times over. and just because you say that doesnt make you a Gailey hater or a Tech hater... youre just stating a fact. we HAVE to beat the teams like UNC, and there is absolutely no excuse for getting beat 34-13!! if we can win those scrub games and knock off Miami, we'll start the season ranked next year.

Knock Off Miami?

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves now.

One Game at a time. Right Now it's...Tarheel Whoopin' Time

[ QUOTE ]
why is it a tough day for Gailey haters?? if it wasnt for a few mistakes by a 1st year Auburn QB, we'd be discussing a loss right now. that doesnt actually garnish praise for Gailey.

[/ QUOTE ]

mistakes by Cox?...so was it mistakes by Ball last year or coaching?

C'mon Swilling...these mistakes by Cox were brought on by changes on d. We dropped the LB's into coverage (and they finally turned around) after we failed on LB blitzes the first half...resulting in 3 LB picks. Additionally, we started blitzing our corners in the 2nd half...instead of coming through the line (or trying to).

This game was won by excellent preparation, game plan, and execution by all people involved..including the wonderfully loud fans who attended the game!

CG did what I didn't think he could-he put together an effective offense with that young OL,congrats,I was wrong
btw-not to mention a strong game plan

if Miami doesnt improve from theyre play last night, i think GT has a good chance against them. hows that for "Gailey Hating"???

you guys are taking me wrong about the game. good job to the entire team and Gailey... but that one game doesnt right the ship from all the bad stuff over the past couple of years!! thats why i ask why its a tough day for Gailey haters. 1 right doesnt correct all the wrongs.

as far as Ball is concerned, yes, i do credit his poor '04 season to coaching. in '03 you could blame mistakes on him being a freshman... but Ball had talent all over the place, so why did he come out in '04 looking like the same QB as '03?? look at the difference in him now!! he looked like a whole new player against AU. you can tell that they spent a lot of time working with him in this past offseason.

[ QUOTE ]
as far as Ball is concerned, yes, i do credit his poor '04 season to coaching

[/ QUOTE ] The defenses in the ACC last year were brutal on all QBs. Even Randall, the ACC's "best" QB, had a slightly above average season - he wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not so sure I can attribute (all) poor QB play on coaching - otherwise, we would be saying that there's NO quality coaching in the ACC.

Back