another TUFF day for the Gailey HATERS...!

[ QUOTE ]
if Miami doesnt improve from theyre play last night, i think GT has a good chance against them. hows that for "Gailey Hating"???

you guys are taking me wrong about the game. good job to the entire team and Gailey... but that one game doesnt right the ship from all the bad stuff over the past couple of years!! thats why i ask why its a tough day for Gailey haters. 1 right doesnt correct all the wrongs.

as far as Ball is concerned, yes, i do credit his poor '04 season to coaching. in '03 you could blame mistakes on him being a freshman... but Ball had talent all over the place, so why did he come out in '04 looking like the same QB as '03?? look at the difference in him now!! he looked like a whole new player against AU. you can tell that they spent a lot of time working with him in this past offseason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think Ball still has serious problems seeing the middle of the field. That could cause us some trouble down the line because our opponents do not have to take that away.

If he sees someonedown the middle who is 6'4", 220lbs, and runs a 4.4, they may want to consider not overlooking that spot on the field. I think our improvement at WR will relieve some pressure for RB, am I right?

[ QUOTE ]
If he sees someonedown the middle who is 6'4", 220lbs, and runs a 4.4, they may want to consider not overlooking that spot on the field. I think our improvement at WR will relieve some pressure for RB, am I right?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey...everything and everyone looked better Saturday. We are a much improved football team. I just believe that Reggie struggles seeing the open man in the middle of the field...hence our stayihg away from it. Everyone has a weakness.

My biggest concern with our passing game is not the inability to pass effectively over the middle - it is falling in love with lob passes to Calvin and expecting him to jump and make the catch.

This is a good way to get CJ injured and passes intercepted. We even tried a lob to the sideline to another receiver and the result was Reggie's only INT.

Calvin needs to run good routes and Reggie needs to hit him in stride. The beautiful TD pass and catch is proof enough.

Occasionally, near the goal, a lob on a fade route is worth a try; the rest of the time let's run routes and throw passes the right way.

[ QUOTE ]
Occasionally, near the goal, a lob on a fade route is worth a try; the rest of the time let's run routes and throw passes the right way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!

Calvin is the Man

The Beauty of a player like Calvin Johnson is that not only does he have good hands and is fast, but he is taller, stronger, can jump higher than nearly every corner in all of D-1 FBall.

At 6'5" 230lbs w/ a 46" vertical leap If you didn't throw some up to him you aren't utilizing his weapons. He will get most of his yard before the catch, not after the catch like these 5'9" 4.3 40s elusive guys.

If you don't throw it up to him 8 times a game you are just crazy. Every game we play he'll be the best player on the field so we can take chances with him that no one else can with what they have...that's what makes him special.

Randy Moss isn't the best WR in the NFL because he has mastered the 5-10 yard out route...He's the best because he can go deep on any corner in the league.

CJ's ability to go up over people on deep balls is what makes him a game changer...that is why our other receivers will have a very good year, because he will demand safety help in virtually every game.

Well, well, well, I have never been one.......

adept at winning friends and influencing people, so why should I try to join the club now....Some of the posters here have confessed premature judgemental positions,and since have sounded all for the program, Chan included, some have timidly said they were neither for or against (and still are not, that is, they are waiting to see..{grow up} how the coach/staff performs here out (they are like the guy who sees who wins the political race and then puts his bumper sticker on their car, others have waxed in such a way as to get others to think they were just waiting, while others are sheepishly saying something to the effect that they were not for nor against, and still waiting for "cement hardened" truth before they either went "for" or "against" Gailey. "HE MUST PROVE HIMSELF"...CRAP!!!
1. I never knew GT had so many wimps!!!
2. Hey get on board or go to that site that is full of anti-Tech,team,coach crap.....do not stay a "Mary".
3. I don't give a flipping pancake about what happens during the rest of the SEASON re: my support of Tech, Gailey, Staff.\
4. If you don't like being a "weenie", climb on board, regardless.
5. Go Tech all the way.......regardless: Go with us by your side, you JACKETS!!!!!
This from a guy who suffered season ticket wise during the down Curry years........and loved the last one!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Well, well, well, I have never been one.......

Good statement, Techsamillion. The Tech family needs to get on board the Tech Train, now. When we arrive at destination, we can all cry together or we can all celebrate together. But "together" is the key word.

Everybody is together?!?!

Tech fans are much like a family... within the Tech circle anyone can say anything because come Gameday... everyone knows that we support Tech and whoever is calling the plays.

Let someone from another school start talking garbage about GT and everyone here would band together.

constructive criticism isnt always a 'bad' thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody is together?!?!

constructive criticism isnt always a 'bad' thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point!!!

Great game prep by cg. This is the year for next step. No setbacks. This could turn out to be a very special year. But remeber it is just one game.

Back