another tuff day for the Johnson HATERS...

Will Oliver = DOOM for the Johnson HATERS?

Oliver has the ability to get to the corner and when he learns more of the offense he is going to give the O that extra needed punch.

Solid win over a SINGLE LOSS at home Louisville team.

Hell, Oliver could end up being 3rd string next year too. We have 3 good QBs returning that all bring something different to the table.

Oliver with the most game experience, a big body that can really run. Played a similar offense in HS too.

Lucas who has the best arm and was ahead in the pecking order before the injury.

And Graham who is supposed to be one of the best athletes on the team.

Good problem to have. Hopefully no transfers.

Hell, Oliver could end up being 3rd string next year too. We have 3 good QBs returning that all bring something different to the table.

Oliver with the most game experience, a big body that can really run. Played a similar offense in HS too.

Lucas who has the best arm and was ahead in the pecking order before the injury.

I know CPJ says he doesn't play a player just to play him, but Graham could play all of our last four games, UNC, Miami, UVA, UGAg, and still redshirt, correct?

I know CPJ says he doesn't play a player just to play him, but Graham could play all of our last four games, UNC, Miami, UVA, UGAg, and still redshirt, correct?
Yeah I think that’s how it works. Kelly Bryant only played four games this year and will have a whole year of eligibility left for that reason.

I'm still assuming we make a bowl; can a redshirt play 3 regular season games and in the bowl?

Yep. Probably smart to not do that until the last 4 though. Because if you play him early and then another QB goes down then he ends up playing 5+ and burning the RS. Which you may have already been accounting for by saying the last 4 games.

I know after camp CPJ said he might play at WR because he wasn’t ready at QB but he was also too good to keep off the field. I’d love to get him the ball on a few smoke routes to see what he can do.

It is unlikely those four games will be such big blowouts that we can simply play 3d stringers so they can get some experience. Here's hoping, though.

And incoming freshman Jordan Yates from Milton. I believe we have another QB in this recruiting class too.

And incoming freshman Jordan Yates from Milton. I believe we have another QB in this recruiting class too.

Yep good point - he's getting rave reviews too. I do remember watching Oliver's film out of HS and thinking that he'd be the type of player to be an afterthought heading into camps and end up starting. Kind of like a bigger-bodied Tevin. Not flashy, but comfortable under center, smooth with reads, and efficient.

It would be fun to set odds on the starting QB on opening day in 2019. Barring injuries/attrition I think we hear the phrase "Best group of QBs I've ever had" come out of CPJ more than once next camp.

And Yates is the kind of player we want at GT. He was the player of the week for one of the stations or something a week or so ago. He was excited about getting an education at GT

someone remind me of the last freshman that was "too good to keep off the field" that really made an impact.

someone remind me of the last freshman that was "too good to keep off the field" that really made an impact.
There've been a lot, haven't there? Dedrick is the most recent I can think of, off the top of my head.

Back