Another uniform thread (sorry)

Pantone4515

Damn Good Rat
But apparently we are getting an all-new design this year, which will be unveiled at kickoff (after changing after warm-ups) at VT:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/06...012-season-to-unveil-at-opening-game-kickoff/

A trusted source familiar with the process tells SportsLogos.Net that this year, the design inspiration came from an outside source. A designer, contracted by Georgia Tech for some other work, came to the team with uniform designs that were said to “blow us [coaches, team officials] away.” Our contact described them as being modern for the taste of 18 year old kids, but still paying respect to the history of the team.

A second source confirms this, having seen the original designs, and says, “they will be outstanding.” The designer had the concepts on his iPad and handed it around at Georgia Tech Athletic offices. It was said to be “a little late” in the process, but “were so good” that the team approached Russell to make the uniforms for the upcoming season.

We are still trying to obtain any visuals possible. Both of our sources confirmed that the original designs are not being produced “exactly,” rather Russell is doing a version “as quickly as they can” and might need to wait for the 2013 season to fully realize the complete design.

They also gave a shoutout to my designs, but said even though GT has seen them, the new uniforms are not based on them.

Aww sh!t!! Im pumped!!

funny_dance_fail_gifs_03.gif

Wrong shade of gold?

J/k, now that we've officially left the "classic" look behind I suppose I am up for a redux every few years.

Is this at all legit?

I have a feeling this is going to be bad.

Crossing fingers that they get the shade of gold right. Any movement away from the current debacle of Russell garbage is a positive though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Jacket
Leave it up to Russell to drop the ball. I bet warehouses full of Chinese children would get the job done quicker.

fixed

I have been at a factory in China where Russell was producing, so the production labor certainly isnt their problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Jacket
Leave it up to Russell to drop the ball. I bet warehouses full of Chinese children would get the job done quicker.

fixed

I have been at a factory in China where Russell was producing, so the production labor certainly isnt their problem...

I thought the part at the bottom was your sig until I quoted it, and I was very confused. This board does have quote-in-a-quote technology, you know.

collage-348x590.jpg

Ouch.

When Oregon changes into their 1 bajillonith uniform, at the least the freaking colors are the same so you know who to blame when your eyes start to bleed.

It doesn't sound like they intend to keep it secret because the last minute unveiling is intended to give Russell as much time as possible. I'd like to see the design before the VT game.

Wouldn't they want to sell a few prior to the start of the season when the preseason football hype is at its peak?

Back