Anthony Autry

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
Had a great TD catch against BC. He's been starting at WR, but I'm curious what puts him ahead of the other guys--anyone know?

Numerically it doesn't make much sense: 80 kg (180 lbs), 188cm (6'2"), 4.5 40. Waller is bigger, taller, more experienced. Chris Jackson is a RS senior. There's Jeremy Moore too. Someone will probably answer "playmaking ability", but what exactly makes him a playmaker?

Did you forget about Jeff Greene? I thought he was the next CJ/DT/SH. I don't really know what makes Autry the #1. I haven't seen enough out of our WR's to make a decision.

My guess is ability to block versus judging a book by its cover.

Last edited:
Had a great TD catch against BC. He's been starting at WR, but I'm curious what puts him ahead of the other guys--anyone know?

Yeah. He catches the ball. I haven't seen many of the other receivers do that.

catching x blocking x speed

I think he is more of a speed threat

Our receivers have actually done a decent job of catching the ball this year, outside of a couple devastating plays. We just haven't really had anyone get separation consistently. Autry has done a good job of this but I still need to see more. Autry doesn't have great speed. He got hawked down pretty quickly on his big play against Clemson. But it does seem like he is quick and can make guys miss, which is a good thing. I think he has a promising future. He's no CJ or DT but I think he can be more productive than SH during his time at Tech.

Waller blew a TD catch. I was at the game and didn't see a replay but that's what it looked like.

Waller blew a TD catch. I was at the game and didn't see a replay but that's what it looked like.

The ball was low and outside. He barely got one hand on it. Poor throw by Vad Lee :hsughcry:

To Vad's credit, he was fighting to keep the play alive and did a nice job of that and a nice job of keeping his eyes open and finding an open Waller in the middle. It was a tough throw to make while moving and avoiding contact.

Looked like it would have been a really tough catch, but I only saw the camera angle when the catch was being attempted. Perhaps he didn't adjust accordingly or run a good route, that's just what I saw.

The ball was low and outside. He barely got one hand on it. Poor throw by Vad Lee :hsughcry:

To Vad's credit, he was fighting to keep the play alive and did a nice job of that and a nice job of keeping his eyes open and finding an open Waller in the middle. It was a tough throw to make while moving and avoiding contact.

I agree that the throw was low and out front a little too far, but that is the mistake that you want our RSFr QB to make....that ball will NEVER be intercepted. Also, who's to say that a WR cannot lay out and make an exceptional catch sometimes? I would rather have this type of pass incompletion than a wobbly duck waiting to be intercepted.

I agree that the throw was low and out front a little too far, but that is the mistake that you want our RSFr QB to make....that ball will NEVER be intercepted. Also, who's to say that a WR cannot lay out and make an exceptional catch sometimes? I would rather have this type of pass incompletion than a wobbly duck waiting to be intercepted.

Laying out is the key. IMHO it looked like he thought he couldn't catch it so he pulled up a little, then stuck a hand out. Had he layed out from the beginning he might have landed on the ball and it popped out, but i'd prefer that to a half @$$ed attempt at catching in the red zone. Just an opinion though, and something that will get better with team chemistry and reps.

Last edited:
I only saw the replay from behind the QB and it looked like Waller ran more upfield as Vad thought he would turn in more. Thus the pass was low and outside of his target. Waller could have made a better effort but his momentum appeared to be heading up instead of in...

Numerically it doesn't make much sense: 80 kg (180 lbs), 188cm (6'2"), 4.5 40. Waller is bigger, taller, more experienced. Chris Jackson is a RS senior. There's Jeremy Moore too. Someone will probably answer "playmaking ability", but what exactly makes him a playmaker?

kg and cm, seriously?

GFY

Was wondering about that, too. What's his km/h top speed? :lol:

Using metric time?

tumblr_kxmxmeRw6A1qztjn5o1_500.png

my estimation is that Autry is a really good receiver. He creates space and the others seem to be lagging. Autry has great quickness, speed and really good hands.

ESPN says he sucks: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/145576/anthony-autry

Same with Zach Laskey and Jabari Hunt-Days. There's no way they can be wrong :hsugh:

"Autry is an exciting, under the radar playmaker that has a high ceiling for development as a WR that could play both on the inside and outside. Possesses the frame to develop into a physical presence with time in the weightroom. He has very good initial quickness. Shows some moves"

:mod_smilie_shady:

I don't see anything negative about him at that link.

Last edited:
Back