Anthony Autry

According to Eric, Greene is in fact walking on at OSU. He couldn't do anything here, he wont play there.

So Autry is out for the year?

Is he going to try for a medical hardship?

Plenty of WR on roster:

2vw67tl.jpg

Haha. Can't wait to split guys numbered 36A and 85A out wide against UGA.

Messick and Jeune coming in as freshman. Hopefully at least one works out. Both 6-3.

did someone throw some of maryland's grass seed on our field?

Don't forget the kid who's a physical beast coming over from the baseball team.

Also, Marty Alcala: 6'5", 213..... really??? Bay Bay 2.0???

Autry needs to put 30lbs on before he plays again. He is too skinny and will face multiple injuries at 6'3" and 173lbs. 6'3", 200 and he can be a real threat.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Waller needs to öööö or get off the pot, he's the size of a receiving tight end and can't be the clear number one over the rest of those guys? Please, that guy needs to buy Vad Lee a few dinners, run routes with him every day and win the job. He'll be the starter, but we need him to be good. We only need one good WR in this scheme. Would love 2, but one works...

Waller needs to öööö or get off the pot, he's the size of a receiving tight end and can't be the clear number one over the rest of those guys? Please, that guy needs to buy Vad Lee a few dinners, run routes with him every day and win the job. He'll be the starter, but we need him to be good. We only need one good WR in this scheme. Would love 2, but one works...

Travin Henry is another big dude a lot of the recruiting people were high on. Plus he wears #26 as a WR. That's just gangsta.

So Autry is out for the year?

Is he going to try for a medical hardship?

Just FYI, I didn't know until recently that a player can't petition for medical hardship until they've exhausted their eligibility. So we won't find out if he gets an extra year until way later.

I feel pretty vindicated if this is the truth. I felt that came across through his comments about Wisconsin and Arkansas, etc. Clearly he wanted to say he coached someone who went to "the big time" rather than coach someone who made it to lowly GT.
it was not his head coach...it was some of the assistants trying to get Custis to go elsewhere

Autry needs to put 30lbs on before he plays again. He is too skinny and will face multiple injuries at 6'3" and 173lbs. 6'3", 200 and he can be a real threat.

His size has zero to do with either knee injury he has had...both were non-contact. His younger brother had the same exact injury last year as a high school junior. Like many ACL injuries....it is genetics that led to it.

Matter of fact, being smaller as a football player can lead to more of some types of injuries...but knee injuries is not one of them.

His size has zero to do with either knee injury he has had...both were non-contact. His younger brother had the same exact injury last year as a high school junior. Like many ACL injuries....it is genetics that led to it.

Matter of fact, being smaller as a football player can lead to more of some types of injuries...but knee injuries is not one of them.

It's hard to say genetics because we haven't really analyzed more than one generation of these types of injuries. Back in the day it was "a bad knee" or whatever. In research I'm doing for the Army (there are A LOT of torn ACLs, MCLs, LCLs, and PCLs running around a sandy rocky desert with combat boots on) we're finding the source is more poor biomechanics than anything. Certainly with re-injury it is biomechanics. Likely players like the Autrys are so fast that their cutting and running in highschool was just fun/easy for them. When the competition ramped up so did the stress on the ligament due to poor biomechanics. We've found than you can decrease the chance for reinjury greatly by reteaching the person how to run once they're able to. Unfortunately this isn't common practice and I'd be willing to bet most PTs in the country don't know/do this (in their defense the new therapies haven't become standard of care even in curriculum.) When I tore my ACL it was all about strengthening muscle and no attention was paid to how I run.

Back