Any official take on using Lee & Thomas together?

Nawaab

Dodd-Like
We've speculated putting both on the field at the same time for a while now, but I was wondering if PJ or any other coaches commented on this somewhere. If PJ did, it would be in the most coach-speakiest way possible, of course, but I wonder if he has entertained the idea. Is there any precedent of him having done this before at previous jobs? I would bet that he wouldn't show any cards before the Carolina game anyway.

Seem to remember him saying something about wanting to get JT on the field.

We've speculated putting both on the field at the same time for a while now, but I was wondering if PJ or any other coaches commented on this somewhere. If PJ did, it would be in the most coach-speakiest way possible, of course, but I wonder if he has entertained the idea. Is there any precedent of him having done this before at previous jobs? I would bet that he wouldn't show any cards before the Carolina game anyway.

Didn't he do it at least once with Days back when Days was still a viable (if not number one) QB option for us?

David Sims response to this question on Twitter just now was "wait and see"

Seem to remember him saying something about wanting to get JT on the field.

Yeah, we need to make a list of guys PJ wants on the field:
JT
Bostic
Days
Snoddy

There have been more I just can't remember them all right now.

Didn't he do it at least once with Days back when Days was still a viable (if not number one) QB option for us?

He may have, but I have no memory of it. Did he ever actually use him as a second QB, or just line him up as an A Back strictly. An end around with Thomas sounds like it could make defenders piss in their pants.

With JT hurt....does anyone think he will play this weekend? Will Byerly be #2?

Do you risk injury to your back up QB?

No. Each QB will get some opportunities to play, but Vad will be the starter, and I don't think you will ever see both on the field at the same time. This is not sandlot football. They have enough responsibility at the quarterback position, and there are good players at each of the other skill positions. Trying to do something half-baked just to get a backup on the field is not a good idea.

No. Each QB will get some opportunities to play, but Vad will be the starter, and I don't think you will ever see both on the field at the same time.
Don't be too sure about that. I've seen CPJ's two QB package when I used to go to Hawaii's home games back in the early 90s. He shredded some of Lavell Edwards better BYU teams back then.

If we do have a 2 QB package, I doubt we see it vs Elon.

He may have, but I have no memory of it. Did he ever actually use him as a second QB, or just line him up as an A Back strictly. An end around with Thomas sounds like it could make defenders piss in their pants.

Days threw a pass from the A-back position last year (maybe in 2011?) but I cant remember what game it was. I think it was incomplete too.

I would be shocked if we didn't see the same thing with Thomas this year but I doubt we will see it in the Elon game.

Days threw a pass from the A-back position last year (maybe in 2011?) but I cant remember what game it was. I think it was incomplete too.

I would be shocked if we didn't see the same thing with Thomas this year but I doubt we will see it in the Elon game.

Yes, if there is some "trick" two QB package I doubt we'll see it before the North Carolina game. MAYBE against Duke, but I don't expect Duke to be very good on offense.

Back