Any official take on using Lee & Thomas together?

Days threw a pass from the A-back position last year (maybe in 2011?) but I cant remember what game it was. I think it was incomplete too.

I would be shocked if we didn't see the same thing with Thomas this year but I doubt we will see it in the Elon game.

He threw a pass to Tevin running a wheel route that was intercepted in the ACC championship game last year... I watched a replay of that game this weekend...

EDIT: Sucks too, because we had just recovered an FSU fumble the play before (watch both plays here):

http://youtu.be/Nj9KK8wBDI4?t=1h11m43s

Bostic also played QB in high-school running a spread option offense. He threw a pass in the VT game last year.

And back on the subject of JT playing... I don't see it happening unless he's perfectly healthy and coach wants to get him a few reps. As terrible as our offense looked at VT last year, how come we never saw Vad come in? I remember one play Tevin's helmet came off and Synjyn came in to QB for one play. Was Vad really that far behind at this time last year? Is JT that much ahead of where Vad was last year?

Bostic also played QB in high-school running a spread option offense. He threw a pass in the VT game last year.

And back on the subject of JT playing... I don't see it happening unless he's perfectly healthy and coach wants to get him a few reps. As terrible as our offense looked at VT last year, how come we never saw Vad come in? I remember one play Tevin's helmet came off and Synjyn came in to QB for one play. Was Vad really that far behind at this time last year? Is JT that much ahead of where Vad was last year?

and perkins started at BB.. those were the days (no pun intended)

Based on his recent comments, if CPJ does something to get a player on the field, it's more likely going to be Snoddy.

Based on his recent comments, if CPJ does something to get a player on the field, it's more likely going to be Snoddy.

Probably true, on another subject I am
really disappointed that Perkins has never
been able to contribute much, maybe he
can get on the field at A Back and show
something but he has not been able to
climb up the depth chart so far. Really an
enigma given his accolades coming out
of HS but I know there have been injury
limitations

It's starting to piss me off how coy the insiders and players are acting about JT, yet we aren't hearing much of anything else.

If he doesn't do big things this year, someone deserves a quick kick to the nuts.

I'm sure the fact that we'll be at home and last year we were at VT (which can be challenging for a frosh) plays into it.

Also, there a much greater chance that JT overtakes Vad, then there was Vad overtaking Tevin, given the experience factor.

I'm sure the fact that we'll be at home and last year we were at VT (which can be challenging for a frosh) plays into it.

Also, there a much greater chance that JT overtakes Vad, then there was Vad overtaking Tevin, given the experience factor.

I guess we'll never know, but I have to disagree with that one. I think if Vad was given more playing time early on, he could have easily taken over the starting job.

**Jumps on JT bandwagon**

bb9vMiR.jpg

It's starting to piss me off how coy the insiders and players are acting about JT, yet we aren't hearing much of anything else.

If he doesn't do big things this year, someone deserves a quick kick to the nuts.

being coy?

he asked if Justin was ahead of where Vad was at this time last year and the answer is yes. The only other two possible answers are no and same.

I think a significant differentiator between Vad and JT will be the turnover situation.

Vad threw 56 passes last year - 3 of them were picked off. That's an INT per 19 attempts. Among the 100 starting QBs last year, that's worse than 94 of them.

TW threw an INT per 33 passes if you were wondering.

I'm not extrapolating that Vad will extend that into this year but we can't afford an INT/ATT ratio of 1 in 19. I can't find any data on how many fumbles Vad committed last year and obviously I have zip on JT but I'm just pointing out that if there is any one thing that will get you a seat on the bench in this offense, its too many turnovers. Ball security is underrated when discussing which QB sees the field more.

I think a significant differentiator between Vad and JT will be the turnover situation.

Vad threw 56 passes last year - 3 of them were picked off. That's an INT per 19 attempts. Among the 100 starting QBs last year, that's worse than 94 of them.

TW threw an INT per 33 passes if you were wondering.

I think some of this is attributable to how Vad was used last year. He was placed in the game with the understanding that if he played great he'd continue to play otherwise Tevin would continue to play. So he probably took some chances he normally wouldn't have if he'd been the default starter.

I'm not a big fan of the 2 QB rotation of last year (and what is shaping up for this year). Pick the best guy and stick with it through the game. Don't make him think that at every single mistake he's at risk of sitting the rest of the game. Mistakes happen but being super self-conscious over not making them is worse.

I don't think we're going to see Vad/JT rotate like we saw with Tevin/Vad. Tevin was on his way out and the season was basically shot before Vad got most of his playing time. He'd run a total of 28 plays before the bye where Tevin averaged more than that per game. There's also no pressure to get JT experience for next year since we expect Vad to return. We'll probably see JT quite a bit this year, but it will be in relief or garbage time unless Vad really disappoints. Safe to say that won't happen, IMO.

If JT looks better in garbage time than Vad, and if Vad makes several key mistakes in a real game, we may see JT.

Back