Any Raleigh Durham Jackets?

While living overseas now, my home base is Raleigh. As someone posted above, “football is a distraction” - I do believe that’s changing ever so slightly at UNC. I was back home about 2 months ago and golfing with some UNC buddies. It’s during basketball season and these two UNC guys decked out in their sissy Carolina blue shirts were talking football and the big expectations going into 2016/2017. I was surprised to hear it, the conversation during BB season is never on football in Carolina - ever. While I think Duke is more a fluke, UNC has the money and the facilities to recruit top notch athletes. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them like South Carolina. A basic pushover in football that turns into a perennial power with a decent coach. Before Spurrier they were a 3-4 win team with occasional upset. In the last 5-7 years (excluding last year) they fielded some of the best teams in the SEC. Granted they never got over the hump, they didn’t have the resources of UNC. If Fedora turns out to be a decent coach he could easily put together a string of 9-10 win seasons. No question about it. Personally, I’d like to see it as long as the wins are not against GT. The ACC needs more power teams to bring the entire conference up. Competition is good!

Back