Any room for this kid

Good hands and instincts, but poor speed and agility. Looks like a good TE. I like all our current WR commits better.

Article says he runs a 4.52 40 though, so what do I know. I wouldn't mind him getting a scholarship if we end up having one to give.

Everybody's so gaga over this kid from watching the AA finals on GPTV. I've watched his senior film. His one outstanding feature is his vertical jump. Other than that he's noticeably slower and lacks acceleration in comparison to the other 3 WR commits we already have. But he's becoming some kind of folk hero with Tech fans.

Can we get another thread about this guy? I've only seen like 20 of them so far. I trust our staff, and they seem to like the guys we already have.

Just to give some contrast- go to the kid's Perfectgame baseball profile. His top time in the 60 is listed as 6.73. Fast but not MLB prospect fast. Deandre Smelter's top 60 time in HS was 6.58. Anything in the 6.5s and below will get you noticed. Coaches know something. Give it a rest.

Oh the irony lol. Isn't this the type of recruit guys ridicule CPJ over for signing???

He reminds me of Smelter the way he goes up after the ball and catches it with his hands. Probably not a bad fit for us. I know we have plenty of room with scholarships this year.

He reminds me of Smelter the way he goes up after the ball and catches it with his hands. Probably not a bad fit for us. I know we have plenty of room with scholarships this year.

With the early enrollers we might have room in this class, but I think for overall scholarships we are 3 or 4 below the maximum.

Michael Carvell's gonna start a gofundme page for the kid's tuition so he can go to Tech.

Seriously, they must be family friends or something.

Michael Carvell's gonna start a gofundme page for the kid's tuition so he can go to Tech.

Seriously, they must be family friends or something.

I figured the guy's mom must have slept with Carvell for the article he wrote. He might as well have titled it "Someone PLEASE give this kid a scholly!"

In all seriousness if we swing and miss on a recruit or two he doesn't look like a bad fall-back plan, just, we have plenty of WR's and the recruits we have coming in look great.

I figured the guy's mom must have slept with Carvell for the article he wrote. He might as well have titled it "Someone PLEASE give this kid a scholly!"

In all seriousness if we swing and miss on a recruit or two he doesn't look like a bad fall-back plan, just, we have plenty of WR's and the recruits we have coming in look great.

Now, now, now ... I know Brad's uncle and grandfather. Both crazier than hell but also both öööö good people. PJ and Brad's uncle also go back a long way and get along well.

Colleges have known about Stewart for a while but what Carvell can't seem to understand - and I know that opens up a lot of territory - is they have other targets they like more and apparently, we've got all the WR commits we were looking for in this class. Hey, I'd like to find room for him, too, but not at the expense of some of the other kids we've got lined up so far.

Back