Any roster changes?

Smith is the best back on the team and pretty sure statically he was better then the other 2 combined going into the game. Not sure what games you have watched but Smith is the only back that I see breaking tackles to get extra yards. I have no issues with Hall getting snaps and he had some but big runs late in the game, however McDuffie shouldn’t see the field unless he’s on special teams.
I would say that Hall did a little more than you are saying. My impression last night was that he is a hoss, and that well may have been a breakout game for him. If, as @Walton says, Smith didn't make the tweets I heard about, then why didn't he play more last night? I agree that Smith is a great back, but he sure didn't get a chance to show it last night. Why?

I would say that Hall did a little more than you are saying. My impression last night was that he is a hoss, and that well may have been a breakout game for him. If, as @Walton says, Smith didn't make the tweets I heard about, then why didn't he play more last night? I agree that Smith is a great back, but he sure didn't get a chance to show it last night. Why?
He must have gotten beaten out. No more ATL!

He must have gotten beaten out. No more ATL!
The Depth Chart had all 3 RBs listed as first team so I hope you guys that must know who is starting are OK. Smith did play, just not much.

Key explained why he wanted Hall in there. And it seems he might believe in shorter substitution rotations. That might be something that Collins forced on the staff: playing a lot of players.

It isn’t Walton says. He literally had a single tweet about it. He doesn’t tweet much anyway. Screen shot below if I figure out how to do it:

C23E2AFE-2086-47CA-B4AC-079897BF046C.png

It isn’t Walton says. He literally had a single tweet about it. He doesn’t tweet much anyway. Screen shot below if I figure out how to do it:

Thanks. I tried to find a tweet, but all I could find were made before this past week. If that's all he tweeted, then you are right; it is much ado about nothing. BUT WHY DIDN'T HE PLAY MORE LAST NIGHT !!!

That might be something that Collins forced on the staff: playing a lot of players.​
He 100% pushed it as part of that developmental program sales pitch he came up with along with the ATL chart. Basically, we had participation trophy based substitution philosophies. Just like 6U sports where the coach’s main job is to make sure everyone on the team plays roughly equal minutes to keep parents from bitching.

Before last night Hall had 24 carries for 103 yards. After 157 yard performance he’s now averaging the same yardage per attempt as Smith. I have no idea why Smith didn’t get carries. That’s a question I would like the coaching staff to answer though. Maybe he was a little banged up? Who knows. I have no problem with Smith and Hall sharing reps, however McDuffie doesn’t need to be on the field if the other two are healthy. 45 yards on 24 carries isn’t getting it done.

Before last night Hall had 24 carries for 103 yards. After 157 yard performance he’s now averaging the same yardage per attempt as Smith. I have no idea why Smith didn’t get carries. That’s a question I would like the coaching staff to answer though. Maybe he was a little banged up? Who knows. I have no problem with Smith and Hall sharing reps, however McDuffie doesn’t need to be on the field if the other two are healthy. 45 yards on 24 carries isn’t getting it done.
You would think that if he were banged up, the TV announcers at least would have mentioned it. They did not.

You would think that if he were banged up, the TV announcers at least would have mentioned it. They did not.

I didn’t realize we spoke about injuries, especially if it doesn’t happen in game and they are dressed. Look, I have no idea but I have to assume something wasn’t right especially for McDuffie to get carries over Smith.

What is with the hate of McDuffie? He hasn't got a öööö ton of touches this season and the yards have been tough.

I didn’t realize we spoke about injuries, especially if it doesn’t happen in game and they are dressed. Look, I have no idea but I have to assume something wasn’t right especially for McDuffie to get carries over Smith.
Announcers, especially those with personal knowledge of Tech, generally speak about everything.

He 100% pushed it as part of that developmental program sales pitch he came up with along with the ATL chart. Basically, we had participation trophy based substitution philosophies. Just like 6U sports where the coach’s main job is to make sure everyone on the team plays roughly equal minutes to keep parents from bitching.
Remember where CGC stated that Tech would be geared specifically towards getting players more looks from the NFL. Another colossally meat-headed proposal.

Read somewhere CBK said Hall had a good week of practice & knew the blocking schemes better. Sounds like a coaching decision.
He also said we were trying to pressure the outside gaps more in addition to the QB keepers, and Hall has shown to be the best at those. I'm a big fan of Smith, but I like the decision to go with the RB that fits your plan the best. I'm sure we'll see more of Smith as the year goes on, hopefully as a 1-2 punch with Hall.

Back