Any significance

It's definitely significant for her. Rice is an excellent school with about a 20% acceptance factor for qualified applications. Congratulations to her.

Kayso, I used to work with an old fart who went to GT back during the Korean War (or some war, who knows) and apparently Rice came to play at GT back then.

Well they only brought white jerseys, because they presumed white meant away, without realizing we wear home whites. So instead of wearing yellow, we gave them a bunch of black practice jerseys to play in. The student cheer for the game was this:

"What comes out of a Chinaman's ass?"
"RICE! RICE!"
"RICE! RICE!"

Different times.

Kayso, I used to work with an old fart who went to GT back during the Korean War (or some war, who knows) and apparently Rice came to play at GT back then.

Well they only brought white jerseys, because they presumed white meant away, without realizing we wear home whites. So instead of wearing yellow, we gave them a bunch of black practice jerseys to play in. The student cheer for the game was this:

"RICE! RICE!"
"RICE! RICE!"

Different times.

That would offend half the student population at Tech now.

I can't say who, but I heard from someone high up in school ranks that CPJ is interested in transferring to Rice because their uniforms are better. The only thing keeping him from doing it is that he would have to sit out of coaching for a year.

That would offend half the student population at Tech now.

True, but probably not too many of those who might be offended would go to football games.

Edit: I see that someone beat me to this, please carry on with other stereotypical messages.

I can't say who, but I heard from someone high up in school ranks that CPJ is interested in transferring to Rice because their uniforms are better. The only thing keeping him from doing it is that he would have to sit out of coaching for a year.

I've never heard of a coach's reason for leaving being that he preferred one jersey over another. Either I'm that gullible or that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

They would never know about it because that "half" of the student population is in the library on Saturday's in the fall.

The other half is likely writing computer programs.

Image1-1.jpg

I've never heard of a coach's reason for leaving being that he preferred one jersey over another. Either I'm that gullible or that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

It is just a joke since there are several fonts who just go ape about anything related to uniforms, and not just on ST either. It is humorous to me but some people take uniform discussions very seriously. To each his own of course.

Back