Anybody Else think that VT

drinkclearwiskey

Jolly Good Fellow
Fans rushing the field after beating Nebraska was the dumbest thing ever. I was really confused when I saw it.

I don't think GT would have ever done that. What makes a team rush the field. I thought winning over a team you haven't beaten in 20 years was a good reason.

We rushed the field when we beat Auburn in Ball's 1st year. I think Auburn had already lost their first game though they were highly ranked that year.

We also rushed the field after beating FSU last year. Granted there was a lot of frustration after all those years with Joe Hamilton we came so close.

It was a dramatic win against a ranked team with boatloads of history. It's not the best win in Lane Stadium, but I can't fault the kids for rushing the field.

I didn't get that either. I certainly understand why fans rushed the field against FSU --and can pretty much understand Auburn in '03 as well.

And it was a very exciting finish.

This. It also helps that their previous offensive performance is reflected by the fact that in that drive alone they almost doubled their total passing yards and went over their TOTAL rushing yards.

In terms of "not what you saw coming" imagine our 3rd quarter against UGA but in a less than 1 minuet period.

Yeah, I think it was more of a reaction to the finish than anything. They were very fortunate to win it in the end.

I wanted to rush the field when we beat Gardner-Webb.

I kinda wanted to rush it when we beat Clemson to be honest. I thought it would help light a fire under our boys to see us rush the field with them.

I wanted to hide in a hole.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!:laugher:

I remember listening to Wes call that field goal attempt and I had my scissors at the ready to stab anything and everything within my path.

I was going to start throwing stuff around the house Jacory style.

Yeah, what the hell is it with these fans that get excited about their team and support them?

Losers.

Fans rushing the field after beating Nebraska was the dumbest thing ever. I was really confused when I saw it.

I don't think GT would have ever done that. What makes a team rush the field. I thought winning over a team you haven't beaten in 20 years was a good reason.

Honestly I'd compare it to our victory over FSU. Personally, I'd say both times it was stupid to rush the field, but obviously I'm in the minority.

They announced free possum tenders at the 50 yard line after the game.

I thought it was ridiculous. They just played well enough to beat a team ranked under them by a good bit. It was a good finish for them, but they shouldn't have been in that situation. Nebraska played well, but it was far from a great game. It is about as bad as their "ho-keys".

On our rushing the field. FSU was a huge win against a team we hadn't beaten for so long and a much more epic end. I can't comment on Auburn as I was not a student at the time, but I thought it was either the first game after they were ranked in the top 3 if not first, again, I don't know... but at least they were ranked above us, not 19th in the nation.

For instance, Washington rushing the field after the season they just had and beating the number 3 in the nation USC who is in their conference.

We rushed the field after beating UVA in '96 or 97

yep... 97... we were down by like 21 or 28 in the second half... and came back to win 41-38 if i remember

yep... 97... we were down by like 21 or 28 in the second half... and came back to win 41-38 if i remember

I remember it well. After beating that particular team by that particular score, and in an amazing comeback, can't blame the field-rushers.:biggthumpup:

For instance, Washington rushing the field after the season they just had and beating the number 3 in the nation USC who is in their conference.

Now that was a "rush the field" moment. And with kicking a game winning field goal as time expired.

Back