Anybody noticing the pattern?!!

8TIMELTRMAN

Varsity Lurker
The Defense Sucks - Al Groh sucked as the coach at Virginia and he still sucks here. Anytime, fifteen yards across the middle is open for any offense playing us. He spreads them (us) out like they are Alabama / LSU / Wisconsin / Oregon quality players and they aren't that caliber of player. A better coached defense could compensate for the lack of player speed and depth - Al Groh, nice man, has cost us games with poor coaching since he's been here - and that's exactly why he isn't at Virginia anymore.

Our Offense is made for rhythm play, consistent execution - that was off today too, but our defense just sucks.

The Defense Sucks - Al Groh sucked as the coach at Virginia and he still sucks here. Anytime, fifteen yards across the middle is open for any offense playing us. He spreads them (us) out like they are Alabama / LSU / Wisconsin / Oregon quality players and they aren't that caliber of player. A better coached defense could compensate for the lack of player speed and depth - Al Groh, nice man, has cost us games with poor coaching since he's been here - and that's exactly why he isn't at Virginia anymore.

Our Offense is made for rhythm play, consistent execution - that was off today too, but our defense just sucks.

Pretty good look

You are about retarded if you think our defense cost us this game.

Our defense allowed a field goal, touchdown and half of another touchdown (a 50 yard return is more to blame than the D).

Our offense scored once and our special teams cost us 1.5 touchdowns (aforementioned KO return).

I can't see how you pin this on the defense, they are improving each week. The offense is regressing exponentially.

lol. This thread is full of epic fail.

our defense kept us in the game.

cpj is still getting schemed on offense and the pattern I see is that he hasn't been able to figure out how to counter.

Our defense allowed a field goal, touchdown and half of another touchdown (a 50 yard return is more to blame than the D).

Our offense scored once and our special teams cost us 1.5 touchdowns (aforementioned KO return).

I can't see how you pin this on the defense, they are improving each week. The offense is regressing exponentially.

Agree with all you said.

The pattern I'm noticing is the "Goon Squad" probably bit off more than they could collectively chew with all that smack talk pre-season.

Agreed. Our pass D is like swiss cheese. We are ranked all the way down at #1 in the ACC in pass defense this season! If it wasn't for Al Groh's stupid ass, we would be doing WAY better!

If you think the problem is the defense, you are a complete idiot. The offense scored 7 points, turned the ball over, and didn't stay on the field when it mattered. This one's on Paul Johnson, period. His magical offense is failing big time. He put in "I'll run it" Days and it wasn't any better. He's scared to call a pitch and it looks awful.

Hey gtzulu, you haven't watched how we've lost consistently at key times, in key games since Al Groh has been there - the defense was lacking in positioning and skill sets related to defenseive strategy - they leave the door open for the opponent to regroup and re-establish they're momentum. It's not just this game with Miami!!!! However, a poor defense puts more pressure on our Offense, especially when the offense is struggling like it is today!

You gotta see that,.... it's a major factor, and this is game 8 so we should already be primed to perform on both sides of the ball. Our defense sucks, down the middle, and especially a 15 yard pass down the middle. By the way, find a better choice of descriptive words - my special needs son and others like him would appreciate the considerate response.

So you expect the defense to have a shutout? Because even if they did, the game would be tied. You are an idiot.

The offense scored one time. ONE!

It's "the entire season - all the games" and every season that Al Groh has been there - not just this game - are you getting this? Our offense was horrible today, but our defense "always" misses, (more misses than stops), the big plays that keeps the opponent in the game at key times "in key games." We have to "score lots of points" to beat "the better teams" we play because our defense leaves the door open to keep the opponent in "key games." Yes, the opponent's are going to score, but our defense should be coached up and ready to make big stops in big games at key times. You have to admit, or maybe you just don't get it,..... Our defense is out of position, spread thin to cover, and always open down the middle - at key times especially. Yes our offense was off today / way off.

^ Are you getting the fact that you are still an idiot? Do you remember when we had Dave Wommack and got 0/1 stops a game? Even with all the talent we had on D, we were frequently out of position, confused about defensive playcalling, etc.

Al Groh is a huge improvement over Wommack. This thread is retarted. End of story.

What is up with the increase of full retart "flats noobs" the week( today in particular)?

OP is a full blown mongoloid.

This. The defense was the only thing that didn't make me sick to my stomach. The play of our special teams and offense flat out sucks. We look small weak, slow with zero desire to win. CPJ better pull this öööö together because this team is crashing and burning.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Miami had 261 total yards offense today defense sucked they did not hold them under 250

Miami had 261 total yards offense today defense sucked they did not hold them under 250

This my friends is the epitome of sarcasm. Offense you suck. I feel sorry for Mr. Roddy Jones and Orwin Smith, those guys are ballers.

Back