Anybody see the Jug of P** dumped on field by Ga So?

I guess this is what you have to do for a home game when no one will come to Statesboro

been a few years since attending a GaSo game in Statesboro, but folks do show up. They need to convert their fan base from thinking of themselves as ugag, jr.

been a few years since attending a GaSo game in Statesboro, but folks do show up. They need to convert their fan base from thinking of themselves as ugag, jr.

I went to their season opener. That was the first time I had been to a game there. Their fans show up and really get into the game and join in the crowd chants and cheers. They seemed like a good bunch.

Yesterday, I sat in gsu territory and talked with several of their fans, all of them said most gsu fans hate ugag. Everyone around me was cheering for Vanda as hard as I was.

They all screamed for gsu, but we're respectful to GT....except for one guy with whom I got into my first jawing match ever at a game.

GSU always pours water from Beautiful Eagle Creek on the field before before any away game. A tradition that Erk Russell came up with when the program was restarted. I am sure some of the GSU fans who didn't understand were asking "why the hell are these people kneeling up and down" between the third and fourth quarter. Traditions are something that makes each university different and fun. I was probably the person laughing the loudest when the UGA-Vandy score was announced as I support both programs. Most Eagle fans don't like UGA either...at least the normal ones. All of my GSU buddies typically support Tech as long as they are not playing GSU.

EagleCreek_copy.jpg

GSU always pours water from Beautiful Eagle Creek on the field before before any away game. A tradition that Erk Russell came up with when the program was restarted. I am sure some of the GSU fans who didn't understand were asking "why the hell are these people kneeling up and down" between the third and fourth quarter. Traditions are something that makes each university different and fun. I was probably the person laughing the loudest when the UGA-Vandy score was announced as I support both programs. Most Eagle fans don't like UGA either...at least the normal ones. All of my GSU buddies typically support Tech as long as they are not playing GSU.

Kind of like F-Tuning from the band on 3rd downs. Amirite?

BTW, Both Mercer and Georgia Southern do that "GOOOOO Georgia Bulldogs" band thing.

Sort of like Tennessee playing the song "3rd Down For What" by Lil Jon on 3rd down of the opponents

But the F-tuning thing is ours and has been for a long time. At least our version is not based upon some contemporary BS like UTs, it's not the rooster crowing like USCe and not the horse "whinny" like the Denver Broncos all of which are better than a lame PA announcer "It's 3rd DOWN!"

Back