Anyone else like that GA SOUTHERN plays UGA the week before us?

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Getting cut blocked two weeks in a row ain't gonna be fun for the dumb ass dawgs.

I think they may have outsmarted themselves (SHOCKING I know) by scheduling the Eagles the week before us.

What is the record of our opponents over the last 4 seasons the week AFTER they play us? I know it isn't good!

Dawg fans think this was smart. I say it was STOOOPID.

What do you guys think?

I like it alot, they will undoubtedly practice, at least to an extent, the schemes they will employ to try to stop our offense.
CPJ with a full film to break down on them against our exact offense the week before we play? I'll take it

I like it alot, they will undoubtedly practice, at least to an extent, the schemes they will employ to try to stop our offense.
CPJ with a full film to break down on them against our exact offense the week before we play? I'll take it

My thought as well. Bodes well if you think CPJ will always best CMR in a chess match.

I think it cuts both ways.

They'll get to face game-speed TO (albeit at a much difference pace than we run it). This should help remove the "shock" factor. On the other hand, it gives CPJ a good look at how they'll try and stop us. But it will also give Grantham an idea of what works vs. what doesn't.

Something more interesting would be how Ga Southern's opponents have fared in the week following playing them.

I think this game will come down to our defense.

This

Hopefully, GSU can hang with them into the 3rd quarter so it will be the starters that are taking the blocks. Definitely better than them having a bye week.

I wonder how Southern will approach the game, since they presumably will be heading into the FCS playoffs the next week.

What is the record of our opponents over the last 4 seasons the week AFTER they play us? I know it isn't good!

Something more interesting would be how Ga Southern's opponents have fared in the week following playing them.

More relevant question is 'what is the record of teams against an option team week after they played another option team?'

I give a slight advantage to GT.
Adv uga: 1. get to practice option 2x as long 2. get to practice option in a game
Adv GT: 1. get to see uga's option defense 2. in a week uga could have rested between auburn and gt games, they play probably the toughest FCS school to play in a year they are already hurting in player numbers

If uga had a very bad FCS team instead of southern, I would think they would have used that extra week to prepare against us anyway (film study, some option in practices.)

Their starters will play a quarter. Like alabama.

Toughest fcs team?
Come on, get real.

Some good points. I had originally only seen the downside on this, but I like that CPJ will have film the week prior. Should give him the oppty to see trends and plan for it rather than only seeing and adjusting real-time.

I think this depends significantly more on how our defense plays them instead of how their defense plays us.

It's not just what PJ sees but what Monken sees in the game, presuming he's willing to talk to us about it. He should have lots of insight that you couldn't get from watching game film.

It's not just what PJ sees but what Monken sees in the game, presuming he's willing to talk to us about it. He should have lots of insight that you couldn't get from watching game film.

I think this is an additional reason why UGA's logic in scheduling GASOU may backfire on them. They scheduled this BEFORE Monken took the job. :biggthumpup:

Does it really matter? This is their year to win the national championship, just ask them. Never mind facts and sense.

I love it, because UGA's DC is too dumb to come up with two different defenses vs it, so we'll know in advance what their game plan is.

When Wake had navy the week before, they played them with an even front and us with an odd front, which blew our gameplan up. Because Grobe, you know, is a smart dude.

I think this is an additional reason why UGA's logic in scheduling GASOU may backfire on them. They scheduled this BEFORE Monken took the job. :biggthumpup:

Nothing like facts to get in the way of a conspiracy theory. :eek:

Sent from a MoPho with Tapatalk.

I'm sure it's true that it was already scheduled (they play GSU routinely), but did they move it to that week before Monken was hired? I thought they only moved it after his hiring for the perceived advantage, but I don't know for sure.

Back