Anyone else like that GA SOUTHERN plays UGA the week before us?

Barely beat FCS team, go to National Championship game to play a team you already lost to. Man, Oklahoma State got screwed. In my mind, OSU is the 2011 national champion.

Barely beat FCS team, go to National Championship game to play a team you already lost to. Man, Oklahoma State got screwed. In my mind, OSU is the 2011 national champion.

what fcs team did they barely beat? the game i saw had bama jumping to a 2 score lead and never letting it get closer than that.

oklahoma state had a great season. they benefitted from a down division. they lost to a very very suspect iowa state team. this argument only really makes sense if LSU would have beat Bama in the championship, then MAYBE you could say they deserved a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we don't have one anymore due to differing definitions of the statistic (apparently mine was wrong).

passing + rushing?

seriously you want return yard? That would be a no go. Ive never heard of a bet that grants return yards.

passing + rushing?

seriously you want return yard? That would be a no go. Ive never heard of a bet that grants return yards.

FWIW, we had 290 yards of offense in 2008, with likely the second worst offense we've ever fielded (second to 2009).

FWIW, we had 290 yards of offense in 2008, with likely the second worst offense we've ever fielded (second to 2009).

and uga wasnt a strong defense.

--that offense was second worse in what? rushing yards? total yards? they look like they put up some decent points.

and uga wasnt a strong defense.

--that offense was second worse in what? rushing yards? total yards? they look like they put up some decent points.

I didn't look at points when I went to check on this, because I was talking about yards. Either way, you're right. We were statistically better in 2008 than it turned out. I guess 2009 tainted my memories of the Chris Hatcher era.

I didn't look at points when I went to check on this, because I was talking about yards. Either way, you're right. We were statistically better in 2008 than it turned out. I guess 2009 tainted my memories of the Chris Hatcher era.

you guys ended up in a good situation but chris hatcher just needed some time. he took that job after the recruiting season so guys he brought in never really got their chance. it worked out for both parties though-he turned around murray state pretty well.

you guys ended up in a good situation but chris hatcher just needed some time. he took that job after the recruiting season so guys he brought in never really got their chance. it worked out for both parties though-he turned around murray state pretty well.

I'll let you be the only one to opine on Chris Hatcher :wink:

Back