Anyone else like that GA SOUTHERN plays UGA the week before us?

Lol listen to yourselves. You think gsu will give us an advantage vs uga.

Ridic.

I think the advantage will be that they use GSU as practice vs us. And if they use GSU as practice vs us, that means we'll see the fronts they plan to use against us on tape, a week ahead of time. That's a huge advantage for our game planning, because we can open the game with an adjustment, and we all know their DC isn't exactly the sharpest tack when it comes to adjusting schemes.

Do I think UGA will lose to GSU? No. Be tired? Not really. But they will absolutely play us the same way they played them.

I can sort of buy getting to see how they will d up on us. however, we have seen how they will defend us the last three years.

Their starters will play a quarter. Like alabama.

Toughest fcs team?
Come on, get real.

With less than one minute left, Alabama's starting quarterback threw a pass into the endzone for a touchdown. This was after multiple Richardson rushes on the drive.

lol-go look at your stats lady.

i watched it. in fact i watched it at the ivy, a gasouthern bar. with southern fans-who admitted it was what it was. i dont think any real football fan thought gsu did anything special.

although maybe they didnt replace their starters until later in the game. they def. didn't change any defenses. They for sure didn't throw the ---- ball after the first couple series except for a series right before the half.

if you think UGA is going to have to show their defensive hand you're NUTS.

With less than one minute left, Alabama's starting quarterback threw a pass into the endzone for a touchdown. This was after multiple Richardson rushes on the drive.

UGAy could lose. Not saying it's something I would bet on, but it's not as abysmally low percentage as most FCS vs SEC games. Southern put 21 and a streak-smashing record breaking 200+ rushing yards on Bama recently. UGAy is talented, but their potential depth issues could allow Southern to stay competitive much longer than they want that to happen.

302 rushing yards

weird, I remember passing TDs in second half. It's not like Bama has to throw the ball that much in general, they always dominate on the ground and pound you. Whether you are Arkansas or Southern.

The best scenario would be if ugag jumps out to an early lead, pulls all the starters, and finishes the game with the fourth stringers playing, so that they are overconfident and unaccustomed to the TO the following week. Remember that Southern will have a new QB this year, so ugag will (hopefully) face a completely different scenario against Tech with a veteran Tevin running the TO to try to complete a 12-0 season.

To be honest, while the fundamentals are similar, the two actual offenses are relatively different.

i think that it might give the Georgie defense some false sense of security that they will be able to stop the TO. when GT comes out running everything just a little bit faster, stronger and harder they will be surprised that plays that they were making before suddenly arent happening

bama passes per quarter

1st - 4
2nd- 9 but 5 of them came in the last .56 seconds
3rd- 5
4th- 1 for a touchdown. at the 2 yard line.

i dont like saying well if this didn't happen. but if you take away 1 gasouthern play, an 82 yard run. the stats change drastically. suddenly they only rush for 220 yards on 38 carries which isnt bad but that 82 yard run booosts it up a bit.

Southern did great against Bama. But lets not act like bama gave them any preparation or threw out any new looks for them.

bama passes per quarter

1st - 4
2nd- 9 but 5 of them came in the last .56 seconds
3rd- 5
4th- 1 for a touchdown. at the 2 yard line.
That looks like the general pattern for alabama, throw some, get a 2 TD or more lead, throw less.

Alabama's pass attempts were 75% of their average.

Georgia Southern's rushing YPC (removing the 82 yard run) exceeded Alabama's average YPC allowed by 138% (that includes the bump in YPC allowed by playing Southern).

once again it should be noted that alabama did nothing to prepare for the option.

I think the advantage will be that they use GSU as practice vs us. And if they use GSU as practice vs us, that means we'll see the fronts they plan to use against us on tape, a week ahead of time. That's a huge advantage for our game planning, because we can open the game with an adjustment, and we all know their DC isn't exactly the sharpest tack when it comes to adjusting schemes.

Do I think UGA will lose to GSU? No. Be tired? Not really. But they will absolutely play us the same way they played them.

I don't know. I can see Grantham choking a small child and kicking an old lady down a flight of stairs as he breaks down the video of a GSU-UGa game in preparation for the Jackets.
Southern doesn't have anybody like Orwin at A-back but the Swope kid is a breakaway threat at B-back (there's a novel idea) and Southern's A-backs have some speed (the Bryant kid in particular). Southern doesn't have 6-4, 220 wideouts with speed and leaping ability like Tech has (though we really don't know if they can catch mono in middle school yet).
Southern's QB will be faster, much faster, than Tevin.
I think Georgia tinkers or adjusts heavily from their plan against Southern. If Grantham rolls out the same defense against Tech he did against Southern, PJ may shred him like lettuce in a taco salad.
If Grantham makes any in-game adjustments against Southern, PJ will go to school on that.

watch the game and realize they play the same sets.

all it takes is a little common sense.

nothing? proof? link?
lol-if you think they wasted time preparing for them then you're more clueless than i thought. maybe if they were week 1 or 2 but not as late as when they did play them.

most of the articles i found just talk about how they werent prepared and the lessons that gsu taught them prepared them for what LSU decided to throw at them. so you could take that as some proof.

the week after a sec game and the week before the Iron bowl. GSU got 3 practices and a walk through- if that. hardly enough time to do any prep.

im done with this thread because it's embarrassing that you guys think 1. bama had to do anything special to beat gsu and 2. teams would compare tech and gsu.

Back