Are we better off?

Im sick of the academic arguments...you guys watched ND this year?

ND football players dont have to have near as good of academic scores as GaTech. you should realize that before you say things like that.

Cutcliffe is a beast at coaching QBs. Let's not forget that.

However, I do believe Chan's 08 class was destined to be along the lines of his 2007 class. In hindsight he may have had things going in the right direction recruiting-wise at that point, but he took too ---- long to get there. Dave Wilson cost Chan his job.

Johnson just wasn't the right hire. It happens. We can recruit NFL players and we can run an offense that NFL players want to play for. Just need to find the right man for the job.

Dude, you're extremely naive. We cannot run a pro style offense and attract enough talent to play in it. Been there done that. We're at our best running some form of spread option. Name one year we beat UGA running a pro style offense. Point... Me. Stop being a dumbass.m you're one of the smarter posters here.

Dude, you're extremely naive. We cannot run a pro style offense and attract enough talent to play in it. Been there done that. We're at our best running some form of spread option. Name one year we beat UGA running a pro style offense. Point... Me. Stop being a dumbass.m you're one of the smarter posters here.
Doesn't have to be pro-style. Just something that translates better. Some I formation, some pistol, some shotgun, some flexbone... Go multiple. Run option in addition to a wide open passing game and traditional running plays. Mix it up a la Friedgen.

ND football players dont have to have near as good of academic scores as GaTech. you should realize that before you say things like that.

But ND has comparable academics and recruiting the great players does nothing to "hurt" the value of their degrees. I know a few Tech grads who think lowering academic standards for our SA's will hurt their degrees and water down our academics. I dont get it. I am a Tech grad, but I dont believe letting in better players will hurt the value of my degree. You either want to play big boy football or you dont.

Doesn't have to be pro-style. Just something that translates better. Some I formation, some pistol, some shotgun, some flexbone... Go multiple. Run option in addition to a wide open passing game and traditional running plays. Mix it up a la Friedgen.

Well that's not what you stated. We need to be running spread option ala Urban Meyer, some Friedgen, etc. Paul's got the play book to do it. He just needs to ----ing do it!

But ND has comparable academics and recruiting the great players does nothing to "hurt" the value of their degrees. I know a few Tech grads who think lowering academic standards for our SA's will hurt their degrees and water down our academics. I dont get it. I am a Tech grad, but I dont believe letting in better players will hurt the value of my degree. You either want to play big boy football or you dont.

ND has crap majors to hide kids from admission to graduation. So does Duke, UVA, Stanford, etc.

We don't. Nuff said.

uh what how bout inta, mgt, hts, etc

The fact that you think these are crap majors is another major problem with GT. Engineers are not the only people who are successful in life. This attitude is why people hate GT.

The fact that you think these are crap majors is another major problem with GT. Engineers are not the only people who are successful in life. This attitude is why people hate GT.

lol look at my name bro... thanks i guess!

uh what how bout inta, mgt, hts, etc

Still gotta do actual work tho.

Why not go to ND and study sociology, parks and rec, etc and have half your classes be independent study or something. Exaggerating a bit but you get the point.

lol look at my name bro... thanks i guess!

I picked that up. I was one of the other majors you posted during my time at Tech. Never had a problem living life. But according to most engineers, I should be poor and living in the streets. That is probably why my perspective is different than most GT people.

Well that's not what you stated. We need to be running spread option ala Urban Meyer, some Friedgen, etc. Paul's got the play book to do it. He just needs to ----ing do it!
I will take your word for it that he has the playbook, but he definitely does not have the players and does not know how to get them. In his pressers, where he is addressing the public, he looks and acts like a complete butt hole.

I picked that up. I was one of the other majors you posted during my time at Tech. Never had a problem living life. But according to most engineers, I should be poor and living in the streets. That is probably why my perspective is different than most GT people.

And engineers are socially inept nerds, right? The namecalling and stereotypes cut both ways.

Back