Artificial Turf Returns?

Think there’s any likelihood of this? Personally hoping for green turf, given that gold can easily look like dead grass.

Someone needs to put their eyes or drone on this situation. On the previous page I asked the guy who created the design options to show one with all gold turf.

White turf....gold stripes and endzone

Navy turf. Hottest field in the nation and would piss off a lot of folks here. Win win

I’m joking, don’t get you’re panties in a bunch. Obviously wrong shade of gold would be superior.

Playing in high school last year, I can say that turf is exceedingly better than grass unless the grass is well maintained, which Tech’s is. Turf is a great surface to play on, but the only downside is that in the south, it’s gonna be hot, really hot.
So if you are a top athlete in the Southeast would you rather play on plastic turf or on grass? It will be interesting to see what the impact to recruiting is, I bet it will be mixed. Receivers may like the turf, linemen may prefer grass. The local high school just put in a turf field; so it is not an unknown in high school; but does the high school grades of turf leave a good impression on high school recruits players...or a bad impression. I would rather watch a game on grass; but I'm old school.

I really hope there's no gold turf...it would look like dead grass. But since a couple people have asked, here are some of those on gold turf:

Eab0lWfXsAMDm5W

Eab0lWgWAAAn8Yk

Eab0lWfX0AIwJtB

Eab0lWjXsAAPmFx

Playing in high school last year, I can say that turf is exceedingly better than grass unless the grass is well maintained, which Tech’s is. Turf is a great surface to play on, but the only downside is that in the south, it’s gonna be hot, really hot.

Not when you play Friday night, Thursday night, Saturday night - hell - night games any day of the week.

I really hope there's no gold turf...it would look like dead grass. But since a couple people have asked, here are some of those on gold turf:

Eab0lWfXsAMDm5W

Eab0lWgWAAAn8Yk

Eab0lWfX0AIwJtB

Eab0lWjXsAAPmFx

Man those Blue zones combined with Gold are really awful looking.

The White & Gold pops.

Only if you use it as "once pass-thru" meaning you run it thru the pipes and then discard it. Otherwise you are just recirculating 115 º water and you don't want to do that. Water is relatively cheap and you could pass it thru but the Green weenies would frown upon such "wastefulness" and will shut the Athletic Department down.

Have you never heard of chillers or heat exchangers?

Back