Artificial Turf Returns?

We've managed to do it for years without looking stupid until this past season. I blame CGC for ööööing it up for a juice party or some öööö more than I trust that he’ll get it right.

JRjr
His delayed run outs got the team fewer cheers, especially earlier in the season. The wreck came out, everyone cheered, then paused and went "where the hell is the team?" Then the team ran out while fans went "well that is awkward"

BE1ADBEC-5AD5-4D8B-830A-ACFA7CEA77DA.jpeg

From the TOS
This week we should be out getting midday temperature readings on the field

It was because they decided to run something like 10 squads of cheerleaders out behind the Wreck. Cheerleaders used to run in front and lined up in front of the break through banner. Now there is no banner and the cheerleaders file in behind the Wreck and there’s too damned many of them involved. It puts the team coming out when the Wreck is turning the corner in the south endzone.
I used to sit in the LE near a group of cheerleader's parents. It took some getting used to them cheering wildly between plays because of some cartwheel or the perfect cheer.

It was because they decided to run something like 10 squads of cheerleaders out behind the Wreck. Cheerleaders used to run in front and lined up in front of the break through banner. Now there is no banner and the cheerleaders file in behind the Wreck and there’s too damned many of them involved. It puts the team coming out when the Wreck is turning the corner in the south endzone.
Man that is stupid. It's not hard, CGC. "If it ai't broke, don't fix it!". The previous run-out was great, just don't mess with it.

Do they do something to tighten the seams up?
The more the turf gets "worked," the less noticeable the seams will become. They'll run the machine across it that drags the turf blades several times I'm sure and they'll be barely noticeable then. Plus, the seams are every 5 yards, so once the yardlines get painted, they'll be even less noticeable.

If the goal posts could be centered on Wardlaw/video board that would be great.

it would mean less sideline space for the visiting team and more for GT. Either that or pick up Wardlaw and move it west.

1595002133781.jpeg

The freshly painted Wardlaw looks better along with other painted areas. I’ll reserve judgment on the fake field until it’s painted.
Agreed. The paint makes a big difference. Now let’s just hope they paint behind “Georgia Tech” as well.

Back