At what point do you scrap your ridiculous coward gameplan?

G

Guest1066

At what point do you scrap your ridiculous coward gameplan? How bout when its obvious that you are gonna lose the damned game? Its late in the 3rd quarter and you have NOT scored an offensive touchdown all nite. Maybe you realize something, "Hey Im an idiot. Im so afraid of Reggie losing the game for us, that I am screwing us myself".. Damn it Gailey, take the reigns off, so Ball makes mistakes. Big damn deal. You are making enough to kill any chance of a winning season. If you don't want your defense draggin ass at the end of the game, you call plays that allows your offense to convert. This was probably our easiest game of the year, and you looked positively befuddled.

Gailey has his built in excuse for the whole year. If his play calling is questioned, he blames it on the inexperience of a frosh qb. If he loses the game, he blames it on the inability to make plays due to inexperience of his frosh qb. How bout once again, you didnt have the team ready to play a whole game.

DJ

Originally posted by DustJacket:
At what point do you scrap your ridiculous coward gameplan? How bout when its obvious that you are gonna lose the damned game? Its late in the 3rd quarter and you have NOT scored an offensive touchdown all nite. Maybe you realize something, "Hey Im an idiot. Im so afraid of Reggie losing the game for us, that I am screwing us myself".. Damn it Gailey, take the reigns off, so Ball makes mistakes. Big damn deal. You are making enough to kill any chance of a winning season. If you don't want your defense draggin ass at the end of the game, you call plays that allows your offense to convert. This was probably our easiest game of the year, and you looked positively befuddled.

Gailey has his built in excuse for the whole year. If his play calling is questioned, he blames it on the inexperience of a frosh qb. If he loses the game, he blames it on the inability to make plays due to inexperience of his frosh qb. How bout once again, you didnt have the team ready to play a whole game.

DJ
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">DING DING DING!!!

You must have watched the Maryland game (RF is the fat guy) our game was on ESPN2 at 9:30....

Originally posted by 71YellowJacket:
You must have watched the Maryland game (RF is the fat guy) our game was on ESPN2 at 9:30....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
laugh.gif

Originally posted by 71YellowJacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually, Maryland was able to score an offensive touchdown in their game.. Thats how I can tell the difference between the 2 games. Try and let this sink in.. We were unable to score a touchdown on BYU. We can probably score on Auburn if they are still laughing at our offense playcalling this week.

Amen Dust Jacket. At what point do you fire a coach for personally turning the ball over 3 times inside the other team's 20 yard line!!??? If it weren't for that gameplan then those turnovers would've been on our side of the field. Or better yet, maybe we could just go 3 and out and get the defense back on the field!

bsmeter.gif

I stopped posting here because so many of y'all are clearly braindead idiots who don't know a thing about football. Well, it looks like my brief sojurn back into Stingtalk land is gonna lead to the same frustration.

What part of 18 year old quarterback don't you guys understand!!!!!!!!!!! This is his first major college game in a packed away stadium playing a defense coached by one of the hottest DCs in the country. And we're supposed to air the f-ing ball out every play?!??!?! The fact that we moved the ball as well as we did is testament to Gailey's experience and feel for offensive play calling.

All you guys who think Tech should go 11 and 0 every year gotta either wake up or start following the Hurricanes. Tech is one of the hardest schools in the country with no cakewalk classes for the athletes. It's a miracle we can even field a competitive team, and you guys keep asking for the 1979 Steelers. Unbelievable.

Originally posted by Beezoner:
I stopped posting here because so many of y'all are clearly braindead idiots who don't know a thing about football. Well, it looks like my brief sojurn back into Stingtalk land is gonna lead to the same frustration.

What part of 18 year old quarterback don't you guys understand!!!!!!!!!!! This is his first major college game in a packed away stadium playing a defense coached by one of the hottest DCs in the country. And we're supposed to air the f-ing ball out every play?!??!?! The fact that we moved the ball as well as we did is testament to Gailey's experience and feel for offensive play calling.

All you guys who think Tech should go 11 and 0 every year gotta either wake up or start following the Hurricanes. Tech is one of the hardest schools in the country with no cakewalk classes for the athletes. It's a miracle we can even field a competitive team, and you guys keep asking for the 1979 Steelers. Unbelievable.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great, great post.

Originally posted by Beezoner:
What part of 18 year old quarterback don't you guys understand!!!!!!!!!!! This is his first major college game in a packed away stadium playing a defense coached by one of the hottest DCs in the country. And we're supposed to air the f-ing ball out every play?!??!?!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I said nothing about passing the ball. Our rushing game lacked imagination. I saw no traps, no misdirection, nothing outside the "vanilla" envelope. Hey here's an idea, keep 2 running backs in the backfield. Quit using the frosh qb excuse. its already old.

I agree that we had some limitations because he is a frosh, but not that he is playing like one. ..Just to clarify.

confused.gif

The first play of the game was a trap/counter trey; we ran it a couple of times.

We had two RBs in the backfield half the night.

I hate to say this but if we had a really good back I think your statement about 'imagination' in the running game is moot.

Originally posted by kirbee:
Amen Dust Jacket. At what point do you fire a coach for personally turning the ball over 3 times inside the other team's 20 yard line!!??? If it weren't for that gameplan then those turnovers would've been on our side of the field. Or better yet, maybe we could just go 3 and out and get the defense back on the field!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wow.. you mean penetrated to the 20 three times against a .500 Mountain West Conf team? You are right. I see the light. Our offensive game plan is far superior to what we had last year. Im converted. Thanks for setting me straight.

DJ

And ... Tell me specifically how the "ridiculous coward gameplan" was responsible for Tech not getting a TD every one of those times.

Then tell us about your double secret probation kick ass gameplan that would've precipitated more scoring than Madonna last night.

Then we can talk.
grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by kirbee:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wow.. you mean penetrated to the 20 three times against a .500 Mountain West Conf team? You are right. I see the light. Our offensive game plan is far superior to what we had last year. Im converted. Thanks for setting me straight.

DJ
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You're right, DJ, this is all about converting you. We can't wait till you are happy. Hell, go pull for Maryland, after all they scored an offensive TD against,well, against Northern Illinois but, gee, RF is only in his third year.

I have to admire your ability to turn a fart into a post, but go do it somewhre else.

DJ
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Simple question for you: how did this alleged "ridiculous coward gameplan" cause us to end 40% of our drives on turnovers?

DustJacket...

I don't know what game you were watching.

In the GT game I watched, we were in the game
and were moving the ball well until we turned
it over.

Also, going for a quick strike TD runs the risk
of putting a dog tired defense right back on the
field if you cannot grind up some clock.

Again...we moved the ball inside the BYU 20 twice
in the 4th quarter using Gailey's "cowardly" plan.
But then our guys dropped the ball AFTER they made
a catch...

You guys who are bashing Gailey's play calling with
a true frosh QB are simply looking for something
to bitch about IMHO.

Back