Athens rumor: Smart to ND after playoff completion..

Kirby Smart would never leave his dream job at the school he played for. The head coaching job at UGA is one of the best in the country. I have always said that UGA was a sleeping giant, if they ever made the correct hire over there for a head coach, look out!

I'll eat a bowl of worms if Kirby goes to ND. I'm not hearing anything outside this website that says he's leaving Athens. Your sources??

I am hearing and reading about this as well. College football is crazy.

The smoke keep trickling out. Y'all don't think there's really something to this???

Does Brian Kelly fit Louisiana culture?
He’s just not a guy I see hanging with the Cajuns and good ole boys so it seems like this experiment may not end well but, I guess we will see.

Kirby Smart would never leave his dream job at the school he played for. The head coaching job at UGA is one of the best in the country. I have always said that UGA was a sleeping giant, if they ever made the correct hire over there for a head coach, look out!
But he wouldn’t have to beat Alabama.

He's as good as gone. Now's the time to spread the news and let your dwag acquaintances know. It's only right that they should be prepared.
Kirby’s not going anywhere. If UGA wins out, his agent is a shark, the deal he will get will eclipse the deal Lincoln Reilly got to go to USC. He set the new bar. I’m probably wrong but I also think Saban has a clause in his contract where his contract may get adjusted to always keep him the highest paid coach in the country.

They are making it up to try to hurt U[sic]GA.
This started circulating out of Athens a couple hours ago but has been fully debunked. A suspected IRA presence around Smart's neighborhood is now being reported like wildfire, supposedly protection while he packs his things and informs his family he's leaving. He's gone.

Back