Athlon says

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
You come live in Athens and tell me this wouldn't be one of the best coaching jobs in the world. People worship the grounds these kids walk on in athens.

It gets tough when you lose, but I can't disagree with the assertion.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
You come live in Athens and tell me this wouldn't be one of the best coaching jobs in the world. People worship the grounds these kids walk on in athens.

It gets tough when you lose, but I can't disagree with the assertion.
I drove 316 today to Athens. I hate that ööööing highway. Damn red lights. Traffic. What a cluster****

Texas884

Varsity Lurker
You're probably splitting hairs when you get to the top of the rankings.

I'd rather live in Athens than Tuscaloosa.

The GA recruiting base is obviously elite, and UGA is the flagship of the state.

UGA fan base probably isn't as crazy as the Bama fan base. From a coaching perspective, that is good because it gives you a little more job security. But if I was ranking programs from an objective, non-coach's perspective, it's probably bad, because you're willing to accept Mark Richt far longer than you should. I mean, what does it say about the UGA fan base that Miami seems to have put the kind of screws to Richt after only three seasons that caused him to resign, while UGA accepted it for how long?

Proof of concept easily favors Bama. Say whatever you want to about all the advantages UGA has, they still don't have much to show for it. While arguably the two most successful coaches in college football history are at one school, and they are decades apart.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
You're probably splitting hairs when you get to the top of the rankings.

I'd rather live in Athens than Tuscaloosa.

The GA recruiting base is obviously elite, and UGA is the flagship of the state.

UGA fan base probably isn't as crazy as the Bama fan base. From a coaching perspective, that is good because it gives you a little more job security. But if I was ranking programs from an objective, non-coach's perspective, it's probably bad, because you're willing to accept Mark Richt far longer than you should. I mean, what does it say about the UGA fan base that Miami seems to have put the kind of screws to Richt after only three seasons that caused him to resign, while UGA accepted it for how long?

Proof of concept easily favors Bama. Say whatever you want to about all the advantages UGA has, they still don't have much to show for it. While arguably the two most successful coaches in college football history are at one school, and they are decades apart.
No question UGA is the best coaching job in Georgia, and perhaps in the SEC East, but the statement was it was best in the nation, and it isn't.

Texas884

Varsity Lurker
No question UGA is the best coaching job in Georgia, and perhaps in the SEC East, but the statement was it was best in the nation, and it isn't.
Maybe, but it's certainly up for discussion. It's easier Bama, UGA, OSU, or Texas.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
They dont worship the ground the football players walk on in Tuscaloosa or Clemson or Baton Rouge?

Texas has the most top players still. Why not UT or AM

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
They dont worship the ground the football players walk on in Tuscaloosa or Clemson or Baton Rouge?

Texas has the most top players still. Why not UT or AM
Speaking of UT, I was nervous uga would get Herman when they canned Richt.

uga just doesn't have the cache of the true blue blood programs even if they match them in fan support, facilities, etc. Not a place a coach would jump to from another destination job.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
I mean, what does it say about the UGA fan base that Miami seems to have put the kind of screws to Richt after only three seasons that caused him to resign, while UGA accepted it for how long?
Miami has won 5 National Championships in the past 14,000 days. They know what it looks like, and when it’s time to move on. The Georgia fan base hasn’t a clue.