ATL: Above the Line Watch: 2020

No Gibbs, no Gleason, no Domineck, no Ryans. Oliver back to S. Charlie Thomas at DE??? I don't know which way is downfield anymore.

ATL-Pitt-v2.jpg
This is what a thin team looks like.

That DE situation is brutal if that’s actually all we have available. Also, I’d assume that’s a sign Gleason is leaving.

That DE situation is brutal if that’s actually all we have available. Also, I’d assume that’s a sign Gleason is leaving.
Why would you make that assumption? He played in the prior game.

Graham left a few weeks after he fell BTL. Also some rumblings earlier in the year about his dad being upset he wasn’t playing. Maybe he’s sick? Hell if I know...

Graham left a few weeks after he fell BTL. Also some rumblings earlier in the year about his dad being upset he wasn’t playing. Maybe he’s sick? Hell if I know...
Gleason was held out last week for protocol, I believe. He played against Duke.

I'm gonna go and choose to believe Gleason knows something about MJ Morris.

Why? Does it matter if fans like it or not? Apparently the players really dig the ATL thing and opponents hate it. That's good enough reason for me right there regardless of whether or not you or I like it.
I suppose if he continues to do things the fans don't like it could have am effect on attendance when we return to normal.
He just seems sometimes to go out of his way to do weird things but not in a fun way like Pepper did.

I suppose if he continues to do things the fans don't like it could have am effect on attendance when we return to normal.
He just seems sometimes to go out of his way to do weird things but not in a fun way like Pepper did.

Fans won't return to the stadium because of a depth chart. OK boomer.

If he starts winning it won’t matter what he does, people will come. If he doesn’t start winning, it won’t matter what he does.

I agree with that to an extent. I think we have a defensive line made up of DEs and converted LBs though; we need to get some true DTs in there particularly in short yardage situations.

NC State rushed for 88 yards at 2.8 ypc.
Duke rushed for 68 yards at 1.7 ypc.

The D-line isn't perfect. There's definitely room for improvement in the pass rush game, but these stats alone should give us some hope. Those are dominant performances against the run.

The D-line isn't perfect. There's definitely room for improvement in the pass rush game, but these stats alone should give us some hope. Those are dominant performances against the run.
Good stats. Plus, our LB's have been playing great. I owe Curry an apology. He is pretty good at stopping those inside running plays.

I think the Makius Scott pick up will be huge for us. He has the potential to make an immediate impact.

I swear. Some of you want to eat the chili as soon as the pot is put on the fire.
Some say you have to be carful about what you’re adding to the mix, no one ingredient distracting from the whole. Like beans

And let’s not forget the line was severely depleted against NC State.

Some say you have to be carful about what you’re adding to the mix, no one ingredient distracting from the whole. Like beans
Chili with both beans and without are better after simmering for a redshirt year, particularly at certain positions.

Or something.

Chili with both beans and without are better after simmering for a redshirt year, particularly at certain positions.

Or something.
They say the team is ready when you can’t taste the red shirt in the mixture anymore. That might be a pen state recipe though

Back