ATL chart for Duke (Good news)

Leo Blackburn is listed as a WR but is basically a small, pass catching TE. (If 6-5 220 is small)

He looked really good in pre-season and I think would have made a difference this year. I think he tore his ACL.

Leo Blackburn is listed as a WR but is basically a small, pass catching TE. (If 6-5 220 is small)

He looked really good in pre-season and I think would have made a difference this year. I think he tore his ACL.
In all the practices Blackburn never lined up at TE, he always lined up at WR? (this is correct?)

In all the practices Blackburn never lined up at TE, he always lined up at WR? (this is correct?)
He was “recruited” as a TE and the point is after an injury or two he could have played that role at least when it comes to a big target for your QB.

Leo Blackburn is a stretch-the-field, big play, outside WR. He was NOT recruited as a TE.

I put it in quotes. That is what his position ranking was in HS.

Sorry, I tried to make a nuanced point; please carry on.
I get your point. The recruiting services called him a TE and I don't know what other schools recruited him as. I just know that GT never wanted him as a TE, so long as he doesn't get too big to keep his speed.

you brought it up hot shot
Our WRs are in the upper 1/3rd of the Conference

Our RBs are in the upper 1/6th of the Conference

Our TEs are dead last in the Conference by a long way, we have to work like hell on the TE Depth Chart just to be next to last in the Conference, I'm not sure effort can help our TEs, they might need to be at a lower level of CFB

We signed a T-Fr TE from a HS in Texas this past Recruiting class, does anyone know if he's injured, or just isn't ready for Prime Time, because our TE depth chart never changes despite the sparse productivity we get from that position?

It would seem if this Kid had moderate talent he would be ATL for 1 Gm by now?
Good to know that 3 years into a pro system that will for sure utilize a TE…that we have such capability at that position. Not dissimilar to the amount of press man we were told Wes see. Our press man starts 3-4 yards off the ball most plays and stretches to almost a dozen. Innovative.

This is where we copy Saban, Urban and others and politely process them and open up room for better players.

TE is a pressing need because it represents one of the biggest mismatches vs Safeties & LBers when you can find a productive TE.

We cannot have 5 TEs on scholarship and continue to get what we have gotten from them in the first 5 Games.

We just can't continue down the same road, tough decisions have to be made, and it isn't fair to PNode to have playcall around our void at TE, nor is it fair to the rest of the guys trying to win on Offense.
How does one get politely processed? Do they get a ATL shirt to show that they were actually above the line b4 getting the boot?

Our TEs are dead last in the Conference by a long way,
I don't agree with this one either. Deveney has good size and a little experience now but seems a little soft for his size. He's solid though. Leonard was a walk on that earned a scholly but I think he was a diamond in the rough kid that could be playing anywhere. Ward and Postma are just too new still and we may start seeing more of Ward later in the season and possibly Postma because I'm sure they're trying to redshirt him. I don't think we're dead last in the conference in terms of talent in that room, but we're dead last in how we utilize them that's for sure, and a lot of that has to do with our OL problems and needing the TEs to stay in as blockers.

Is this the game day thread? How do we not have a game day thread?

Back