Attendance

The Champ

Dodd-Like
1 Covid
2 Poor product for 5+ years
3 Created a poor stadium atmosphere with all of the extra BS they are piping in; any sense of tradition or history in the stadium has faded away

Last edited:

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
1 Covid
2 Poor product for 5+ year
3 Created a poor stadium atmosphere with will the extra BS the are piping in
The old fart in me agrees with #3. It is like we are trying to torture fans from the place nowadays. I don't mind some of it, bit all the damn time is getting old.

I was in the Upper East for NIU. I didn't return this week. I run my own business and have a full time job and including round trip and the game a GT home game is a 9 hour time investment for me. Time is my most precious asset. I'm not going to invest it in GT football if the outcome of that investment is more job security for my cardiologist. I can get a better experience on my couch and claw back 2/3 of the time investment. I'll make the time investment to see it in person again when I'm 100% confident that 73-7 and having a winless team out of the MAC running circles around the coaching staff are things of the past. I thought this would be that year. I was spectacularly wrong.

TechRush

Dodd-Like
I was not at the game but watched it on TV. I noticed the annoying third down announcer saying third down more and money down less.

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
Raise price (tickets and parking) while having lower on field performance…what do they expect to happen?

Winning fixes everything, and as poorly as we were coached in week 1, it was a beautiful thing seeing the size difference on the field yesterday. Collins has recruiting going well, now just needs to catch up on the coaching side.Yesterday was a good first step. Now let’s make that a weekly occurrence. Attendance will follow once performance catches up with price.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
I was in the Upper East for NIU. I didn't return this week. I run my own business and have a full time job and including round trip and the game a GT home game is a 9 hour time investment for me. Time is my most precious asset. I'm not going to invest it in GT football if the outcome of that investment is more job security for my cardiologist. I can get a better experience on my couch and claw back 2/3 of the time investment. I'll make the time investment to see it in person again when I'm 100% confident that 73-7 and having a winless team out of the MAC running circles around the coaching staff are things of the past. I thought this would be that year. I was spectacularly wrong.
That is of course your prerogative.

Just understand that your post is not the post of a fan - it's the post of a frontrunner. The pain of awful defeat makes the taste of glorious victory sweeter.

That is of course your prerogative.

Just understand that your post is not the post of a fan - it's the post of a frontrunner. The pain of awful defeat makes the taste of glorious victory sweeter.
Citadel was just as stinky from my couch, it just cost me 1/3 of the time of NIU. When I don't buy tickets I redirect the money into the A-T Fund. I'm doing more than my part in rowing this boat.

ClydeBrick

All Being Master of Time Space & Dimension
My section in the cheap part of the LW seemed to have more folks this week than last.

Clubs seemed to have less, but this was a nooner in full sun and it doesn't take much to make those guys stay inside.

Upper East was below last week, even with a larger opposition contingent.

I imagine that the dome will look like a mid December bowl game even though UNC got well against GStU yesterday. It will be interesting to see what time slot we get.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Anybody watching the falcons game? What’s their attendance? Even seeing gaps in the lower bowl.

GT 1950

Varsity Lurker
You wouldn't throw a virus which has irrevocably changed the course of life on this planet in the last two years into the mix? Boy, you've really got your thumb on the pulse of America.
Win more games and the excuses around a virus with a 99% cure rate just might go away. I do not see COVID affecting UGA's attendance and nary a mask to be seen.