Attendance

The Jacket

The Coat
Win more games and the excuses around a virus with a 99% cure rate just might go away. I do not see COVID affecting UGA's attendance and nary a mask to be seen.
Yes, and Athens is a cesspool and an incomparable collection of morons. What does that have to do with what I said? Whether they're right or not doesn't change whether or not that has impacted the way people behave, where they go, what they're willing to spend money on.

GT 1950

Varsity Lurker
@GT 1950 What, exactly, is your issue with what I said?
Only that COVID has less to do with declining attendance than changing demographics, consecutive 3 win seasons, and a declining interest in football in general and college football in particular. It is also personal frustration with going to a game with a big name opponent and watching them practically take over our house.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Only that COVID has less to do with declining attendance than changing demographics, consecutive 3 win seasons, and a declining interest in football in general and college football in particular. It is also personal frustration with going to a game with a big name opponent and watching them practically take over our house.
“There aren’t enough of our fans in the stadium. I’m going to stay home.”

JRjr

rocky top buzz

Varsity Lurker
Even Tennessee was at about 75% attendance, i think i saw that right. Very few schools have packed stadiums anymore. Covid along with costs and the ease of watching from home or on the go with cell phones has lowered in-person viewing.
UT had 82k so more than 75%. For a hot noontime game with a prediction of a bad season thats a helluva strong showing. Athens, Columbus, Tuscaloosa, Fayetteville all seemed to have no trouble filling their stands.

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
You wouldn't throw a virus which has irrevocably changed the course of life on this planet in the last two years into the mix? Boy, you've really got your thumb on the pulse of America.
Yeah probably because 1) we were regarded as one of the most uninteresting D1 games going into this week. B) everyone else around us is back at full capacity and Last) who wants to go watch a football game between an FCS TO team and a team that can’t beat a team that hasn’t won a game since 2019

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
UT had 82k so more than 75%. For a hot noontime game with a prediction of a bad season thats a helluva strong showing. Athens, Columbus, Tuscaloosa, Fayetteville all seemed to have no trouble filling their stands.
Pittsburgh and Tennessee are a pretty good matchup. Plus, a lot of the old timers probably still have hard feelings about the Johnny Majors era

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Demonstrate this. Don't bother rushing, I have as many years as you have days.
im not sure what he is referencing but most of the games i watched over past 2 weeks have been packed out. i mean 110k at Michigan is one example. UCLA had a piss poor crowd week 1. but for the most part tons of fans back in stadiums.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
If you think the average uga fans opinion on COVID matches the average Tech fans you are not very bright.
I'd say the average Tech fan who is seriously concerned about COVID has gotten vaccinated already. I don't think very many football fans who are vaccinated are staying home out of fear of COVID, and the number of football fans who aren't willing to get vaccinated but will stay home from games because they are scared of COVID is even smaller.

I won't say that COVID is having zero effect, but I'd say it's way down on the list.

Last edited:

GT 1950

Varsity Lurker
“There aren’t enough of our fans in the stadium. I’m going to stay home.”

JRjr
Another 3 win season, and there will be games with lots of seating so that people who read minds can feel comfortable.

The Jacket

The Coat
Yeah probably because 1) we were regarded as one of the most uninteresting D1 games going into this week. B) everyone else around us is back at full capacity and Last) who wants to go watch a football game between an FCS TO team and a team that can’t beat a team that hasn’t won a game since 2019
Are you under the impression that people google "is georgia tech football gay" before they buy a ticket? pls respond

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
Demonstrate this. Don't bother rushing, I have as many years as you have days.
Bama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, FSU is pretty solid, UCF has more people at their games than we do, Arkansas, North Carolina, etc.