Auburn football fans can't catch a break.

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
One MNC in 1957. In 1993 they go undefeated and because they are on probation cant play for the National Championship. In 2004 they go undefeated playing in the toughest conference and yet they get passed up for the BCS title game for Oklahoma and USC. Ironically, USC wins with Reggie Bush playing.

Now they are undefeated and apparently the Cam Newton debacle looks like its going to sink them. Talk about a complete and total tease. I actually feel badly for the fans. They've gotten dicked over as a fanbase moreso than anyone else.

Why would you feel badly for the fans? I would feel bad for the players who weren't involved in the cheating but otherwise the coaches and guilty parties deserve to be stripped of their glory. As for the fans...you can't retroactively take away a party. Wins are wins. Just ask UNC.

They certainly are the best program to never win 2 MNCs.

I won't feel badly about anyone getting screwed who cheats. Don't feel bad about Auburn getting screwed in 04 either because they ducked Tech and had a SOS based on four OOC patsies.

I pray Cam plays vs UGA though.

One MNC in 1957. In 1993 they go undefeated and because they are on probation cant play for the National Championship. In 2004 they go undefeated playing in the toughest conference and yet they get passed up for the BCS title game for Oklahoma and USC. Ironically, USC wins with Reggie Bush playing.

Now they are undefeated and apparently the Cam Newton debacle looks like its going to sink them. Talk about a complete and total tease. I actually feel badly for the fans. They've gotten dicked over as a fanbase moreso than anyone else.

Why feel sorry for them? They continue to lie with dogs (Dye, Bowden, Ramsey, Lowder, Petrino, Newton-allegedly) and wonder why they keep getting fleas.

They certainly are the best program to never win 2 MNCs.

This.

And I agree with BOR, it is ridiculous that they fans of Auburn seem to be fans of a curse.

Kinda like GT and blue jerseys. The fans love them, but they are cursed something serious.

I won't feel badly about anyone getting screwed who cheats. Don't feel bad about Auburn getting screwed in 04 either because they ducked Tech and had a SOS based on four OOC patsies.

I pray Cam plays vs UGA though.

+1

Auburn fans say it's far better to be on probation than lose to Bammer.

If Auburn really paid him then I don't feel sorry for them at all. They deserve what they get along with Cam. That said, I don't see how this is going to sink them yet. Is there more evidence than just verbal accusations? If not, I don't see how this can sink them.

If this is true, I think we just answered the question in your other thread about why the ACC still sucks. We're not buying the top notch talent that the SEC is.

Is there more evidence than just verbal accusations?

You rarely see opposing coaches (Miss St) throwing this kind of stuff out there. It's career suicide. I doubt they'd be doing it unless they had some kind of proof (ie, recorded conversations).

Aren't we wearing those this weekend ...

I don't think so.

We hear all the time about wearing them and it never happens.

I mean the team got to vote on the WF jerseys last year I think and they chose the gold one's, so I don't think the team favors the blue one's very much.

I'll bet they wear gold one's this weekend and I hope they do, because those blue one's are cursed.

You rarely see opposing coaches (Miss St) throwing this kind of stuff out there. It's career suicide. I doubt they'd be doing it unless they had some kind of proof (ie, recorded conversations).

I would hope there's some proof for all of the stir this is creating. I'm just surprised that the proof hasn't been mentioned yet.

I'll bet they wear gold one's this weekend and I hope they do, because those blue one's are cursed.

yep.

Everyone knows it's not the hard work and execution of top-tier athletes on both sides of the ball, but the dye in the fabric of the jersey that decides the outcome of games.

Just like out of the thousands of people who have some sort of affiliation or involvement with the Georgia Tech football program, it's your underwear/shirt/rituals that win games.

Well, that's what you get if you go after a guy who apparently was caught cheating three times at Florida and on the verge of expulsion. Even if Chizik and Auburn's AA did nothing bad directly, Newton was clearly somebody who would warm up to a slimy agent or booster's moneybag.

On the other hand, the whole Newton ordeal has been a bunch of smoke and mirrors so far. If Auburn paid high six figures, where did it go? What channels did it go through? Drug dealers have a hard time hiding that amount of cash.

Well, that's what you get if you go after a guy who apparently was caught cheating three times at Florida and on the verge of expulsion. Even if Chizik and Auburn's AA did nothing bad directly, Newton was clearly somebody who would warm up to a slimy agent or booster's moneybag.

On the other hand, the whole Newton ordeal has been a bunch of smoke and mirrors so far. If Auburn paid high six figures, where did it go? What channels did it go through? Drug dealers have a hard time hiding that amount of cash.

Its not the fans who chose to go after Newton, it was the coaches and administration. Also, all these cheating mentions are coming out now. Not when Newton came to Auburn from JUCO.

Fans are just the bystanders of the program.

Its not the fans who chose to go after Newton, it was the coaches and administration. Also, all these cheating mentions are coming out now. Not when Newton came to Auburn from JUCO.

Fans are just the bystanders of the program.

Not entirely true - if the fans (boosters) will stop tolerating the behavior, they can influence who gets hired as administrators and coaches. It's no guarantee that the problems will completely go away but it would certainly help.

Back