Auburn football fans can't catch a break.

The report said that MSU turned it in to the SEC in January and were asked for follow-up which they received in July. The SEC slowed it down before turning it over to the NCAA. So, yes it did come out during his recruiting from JUCO.

His recruitment ended in December 2009, so no, it didn't come out during his recruitment from JUCO.

I kinda hope UGA or Bama beats them so the BCS implodes.

I hope that happens too. I want to see TCU and Boise as the only undefeated teams left, but neither one play in the national championship game. Then I'd like to see both schools file a lawsuit to force the BCS to shut down or make some drastic changes.

I hope that happens too. I want to see TCU and Boise as the only undefeated teams left, but neither one play in the national championship game. Then I'd like to see both schools file a lawsuit to force the BCS to shut down or make some drastic changes.

I'd like to see this too, because it'd be hilarious. But Bama is the one to beat Auburn, NOT UGAg.

Don't deserve a break.

I am for them once a year (this week). But they do not deserve a break at any other time.

One MNC in 1957. In 1993 they go undefeated and because they are on probation cant play for the National Championship. In 2004 they go undefeated playing in the toughest conference and yet they get passed up for the BCS title game for Oklahoma and USC. Ironically, USC wins with Reggie Bush playing.

Now they are undefeated and apparently the Cam Newton debacle looks like its going to sink them. Talk about a complete and total tease. I actually feel badly for the fans. They've gotten dicked over as a fanbase moreso than anyone else.

C'mon man, their schedule in 2004 was third, behind the two teams that play for the title. When everyone has the same record, the teams with the toughest schedule play for the championship.

It was totally on Auburn, they canceled our game for that year and played Louisiana Directional. In fact, I looked up their schedule and they played LA-Monroe, The Citadel, and LA Tech that year OOC. Look at Sagarin's rankings for SOS at the end of the year (after bowl games):

Southern Cal: 7
Oklahoma: 13
Auburn: 60

LA-Monroe was #123 (6-5), behind quite a few I-AA teams.
LA Tech was #71 (6-6)
The Citadel was #166 (3-7)

Mississippi was #82 (4-7)
Kentucky was #125 (2-9)

Incidentally, we were #25 (7-5), so if they would've played us instead of LA-Monroe it would've helped.

This is a point in time when Bama, ugag, UT, lsu, UF, fsu, miami, usf, Texas, Oregon, etal----say: "But by the grace of God there go I."

Without the FBI replacing the ncaa and passing out SMU style death penalties, this will be biz as usual.

Again, I ask what did the fanbase do wrong in the Cam Newton recruitment? What could they have done differently? Answer the ****ing question.

Hilarious. You are using Auburn fans to claim fans don't have any say...

Really? Auburn? Auburn of bobby Lowder fame, Auburn?

They haven't formed an angry mob and visited Lowder's house.

No, Just outside his banks one Friday Afternoon.......

ESPN said something about the FBI getting involved in the Cam Newton investigation.

One theory why the SEC has so few players going to the NFL early is that they can't afford the pay cut.

I'll be pulling for them tomorrow as Tech Men have done since they first played Georgia in Piedmont Park many years ago.....

THWG

LINK

WSB-TV is getting in on the action now. They're reporting that they have a source who claims that Cam Newton's father admitted to discussing (With an ex-MSU player) the possibility of being paid under-the-table in exchange for Cam's commitment to Mississippi State.

camscheckbook.jpg

LINK

WSB-TV is getting in on the action now. They're reporting that they have a source who claims that Cam Newton's father admitted to discussing (With an ex-MSU player) the possibility of being paid under-the-table in exchange for Cam's commitment to Mississippi State.

Well we can all see how well that one worked out.:biggthumpup:

a lawsuit, for what?

Cam Newton boarded the bus with the team yesterday to stay in Montgomery, AL prior to the team's game tomorrow:
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/video_auburns_cam_newton_board.html

Some think that this constitutes travel with the team, and only eligible players are allowed to travel with the team, therefore Auburn must believe Cam is eligible to play tomorrow. Sounds reasonable enough, though I wonder if it's legally considered "travel". A good sign at least for the UGA game tomorrow.

Re: Don't deserve a break.

I am for them once a year (this week). But they do not deserve a break at any other time.

Correct! I pull for them against Alabama, too, but as one who has been in Jordan-Hare on a losing night, I can't see losing any sleep over Auburn fans and their sensibilities. F*** 'em!

Back