B1G/sec scheduling agreement/CFP ramifications

It isn't about the best teams. It is money now.
How is it not about the best teams? There is a mismatch between the ACC/B12 vs the strength of the B1G/SEC from top to bottom. If you match the ACC vs SEC for example down the line, it doesn’t look like a good day for the ACC. Here is how it would look hypothetically today using overall records to date (minus Duke. No way they are the ACC’s #2 team.)

SEC #1 Alabama vs ACC #1 Miami
SEC #2 Texas vs ACC #2 Clemson
SEC #3 uga vs ACC #3 Louisville
SEC #4 Tennessee vs ACC #4 Duke or Pitt
SEC #5 Mizzou vs ACC #4 Duke or Pitt
SEC #6 Ole Miss vs ACC #6 SMU or BC
SEC #7 LSU vs ACC #7 SMU or BC
SEC #8 Oklahoma vs ACC #8 UVA, Cal or Syracuse
SEC #9 Texas A&M vs ACC #9 UVA, Cal or Syracuse
SEC #10 South Carolina vs ACC #10 UVA, Cal or Syracuse
SEC #11 Kensucky vs ACC #11 GT, UNC or NCSU
SEC #12 Arkansas vs ACC #12 GT, UNC or NCSU
SEC #13 Vandy vs ACC #13 GT, UNC or NCSU
SEC #14 Auburn or UF vs ACC #14 Stanford or VT
SEC #15 Auburn or UF vs ACC #15 Stanford or VT
SEC #16 Miss State vs ACC #16 FSU

#17 ACC Wake Forest would be the team who would not play in this scenario.

How many games do you see the ACC winning?

How is it not about the best teams? There is a mismatch between the ACC/B12 vs the strength of the B1G/SEC from top to bottom. If you match the ACC vs SEC for example down the line, it doesn’t look like a good day for the ACC. Here is how it would look hypothetically today using overall records to date (minus Duke. No way they are the ACC’s #2 team.)

SEC #1 Alabama vs ACC #1 Miami
SEC #2 Texas vs ACC #2 Clemson
SEC #3 uga vs ACC #3 Louisville
SEC #4 Tennessee vs ACC #4 Duke or Pitt
SEC #5 Mizzou vs ACC #4 Duke or Pitt
SEC #6 Ole Miss vs ACC #6 SMU or BC
SEC #7 LSU vs ACC #7 SMU or BC
SEC #8 Oklahoma vs ACC #8 UVA, Cal or Syracuse
SEC #9 Texas A&M vs ACC #9 UVA, Cal or Syracuse
SEC #10 South Carolina vs ACC #10 UVA, Cal or Syracuse
SEC #11 Kensucky vs ACC #11 GT, UNC or NCSU
SEC #12 Arkansas vs ACC #12 GT, UNC or NCSU
SEC #13 Vandy vs ACC #13 GT, UNC or NCSU
SEC #14 Auburn or UF vs ACC #14 Stanford or VT
SEC #15 Auburn or UF vs ACC #15 Stanford or VT
SEC #16 Miss State vs ACC #16 FSU

#17 ACC Wake Forest would be the team who would not play in this scenario.

How many games do you see the ACC winning?
Half of them

Half of them
Name them. You won’t because you know that’s not true. We’ve already seen Clemson, NCSU (preseason Top 25 team) crushed. Miami in turn crushed SEC #14/15 UF (which they should have done).

ACC probably wins 4 based on what we’ve seen to date. I mean VT lost to Vandy for eff sakes.

I guess I don’t understand how people defend how bad the ACC is top to bottom. Too many programs with history to be perennial 6-7 win teams.

Last edited:
Name them. You won’t because you know that’s not true. We’ve already seen Clemson, NCSU (preseason Top 25 team) crushed. Miami in turn crushed SEC #14/15 UF (which they should have done).

ACC probably wins 4 based on what we’ve seen to date. I mean VT lost to Vandy for eff sakes.

I guess I don’t understand how people defend how bad the ACC is top to bottom. Too many programs with history to be perennial 6-7 win teams.
Dude, you literally have VT matched up against a "lower" SEC team than Vandy in your half-assed matchup list. Why do you mention that as some sort of unexpected outcome? You've really drunk the SEC-aid.

Dude, you literally have VT matched up against a "lower" SEC team than Vandy in your half-assed matchup list. Why do you mention that as some sort of unexpected outcome? You've really drunk the SEC-aid.
Did you gloss over the below as it relates to VT? They are 2-3.
Here is how it would look hypothetically today using overall records to date (minus Duke. No way they are the ACC’s #2 team.)
If you don’t see an ocean sized gap between the top 8-10 etc in both leagues I don’t know what to tell you. People on this board have said for over a year that “Clemson is on the decline” and after losing to uga “Dabo is done, it’s over” and yet Clemson will more than likely be the ACC’s #1 team at seasons end. Miami is the ACC’s next best hope? Do you really trust Mario C? Followed by who? UofL or Pitt? These ACC teams just don’t matchup with the other 2 (B1G, sec) top level teams.

So provide the teams the ACC is better than based on what you’ve seen to date?

It can feature some of the best teams without that being the intent. You think they'd set up a structure that featured the best teams even if it made no money? Also doesn't change that a notion of putting the perceived best teams on a pedestal will do a heck of a lot at keeping the same teams the best.

Would also speculate that at this point the SEC and Big 10 being the "best" has become the successful self-fulfilling prophecy.

From 8 down, it looks pretty even, maybe the ACC with a slight advantage. Sec is pretty strong 1-6. I would say the ACC just doesn't have the 3-4 elite teams it needs to change the perception of the conference. If we had 4 legit top 15 teams, things would look a whole lot different.

If you have time and the desire, do SEC and bigx or maybe SEC/bigx/all others.

Did you gloss over the below as it relates to VT? They are 2-3.
VT is a bottom-dweller ACC team. Yes. Again, why did you mention them losing to another bottom-dwelling (but not quite as bottom-dwelling, as your matchup indicates) SEC team as some sort of proof that the SEC would win more of those matchups? You literally have Vandy matched up against better ACC teams! You're playing the "brand name" game and ignoring the relative strength of each team to support some spurious point. That's SECSPN-level BS that you've decided to trumpet here, for some reason.

If you don’t see an ocean sized gap between the top 8-10 etc in both leagues I don’t know what to tell you. People on this board have said for over a year that “Clemson is on the decline” and after losing to uga “Dabo is done, it’s over” and yet Clemson will more than likely be the ACC’s #1 team at seasons end. Miami is the ACC’s next best hope? Do you really trust Mario C? Followed by who? UofL or Pitt? These ACC teams just don’t matchup with the other 2 (B1G, sec) top level teams.
I'd agree that the top of the SEC is markedly stronger than the top of the ACC this year. That's a different argument than the one you were making.

So provide the teams the ACC is better than based on what you’ve seen to date?
The top 5 or so SEC teams are better than the rest. Throw the top half of the ACC in with the next 6 or so SEC teams in one bucket. Throw the bottom half of the ACC in with the rest of the SEC teams in another bucket. Expect close games between teams in each bucket. :dunno:

Outside of 1-4, any of them.

VT is a bottom-dweller ACC team. Yes. Again, why did you mention them losing to another bottom-dwelling (but not quite as bottom-dwelling, as your matchup indicates) SEC team as some sort of proof that the SEC would win more of those matchups? You literally have Vandy matched up against better ACC teams! You're playing the "brand name" game and ignoring the relative strength of each team to support some spurious point. That's SECSPN-level BS that you've decided to trumpet here, for some reason.

I'd agree that the top of the SEC is markedly stronger than the top of the ACC this year. That's a different argument than the one you were making.

The top 5 or so SEC teams are better than the rest. Throw the top half of the ACC in with the next 6 or so SEC teams in one bucket. Throw the bottom half of the ACC in with the rest of the SEC teams in another bucket. Expect close games between teams in each bucket. :dunno:
VT was projected to be in the Top 4 in the ACC and an ACC Championship/CFP contender this year. They went 7-6 just like numerous teams in the ACC last year. So how exactly are they a “cellar dweller” and Syracuse, BC, Duke, Wake, etc don’t apply?

Markedly stronger only at the Top? You’re kidding, right? VT the “cellar dweller” as you say lost, to the perennial SEC doormat in Vandy, yet was a controversial call away from beating ACC #1/2 Miami.

It’s not just the Top 5. Take a look at the Top 9-10, 11 again. Kensucky SEC’s #11 constantly beats the ACC’s now #3 in Louisville. Ole Piss has handily beat up on the ACC in recent years.

SEC #1 Alabama
SEC #2 Texas
SEC #3 uga
SEC #4 Tennessee
SEC #5 Mizzou
SEC #6 Ole Miss
SEC #7 LSU
SEC #8 Oklahoma
SEC #9 Texas A&M
SEC #10 South Carolina
SEC #11 Kensucky

I don’t think South Carolina is very good, but they handled Kensucky. Kensucky pushed uga, and beat Ole Miss. Kensucky has a very good D. That O is barely above Iowa levels at this point.

Who exactly do you see Pitt, Duke, Louisville, SMU, BC, etc beating from the list above? 1-9, I’d say Pitt, UofL, etc has a chance against TAMU, Mizzou. But BC has already lost to Mizzou.

Reality is, the ACC has a major hole after Clemson (I don’t believe in Miami at all). A bunch of 6-8 win teams don’t go up against 9-10 win teams and win too often.

VT was projected to be in the Top 4 in the ACC and an ACC Championship/CFP contender this year. They went 7-6 just like numerous teams in the ACC last year. So how exactly are they a “cellar dweller” and Syracuse, BC, Duke, Wake, etc don’t apply?

Markedly stronger only at the Top? You’re kidding, right? VT the “cellar dweller” as you say lost, to the perennial SEC doormat in Vandy, yet was a controversial call away from beating ACC #1/2 Miami.

It’s not just the Top 5. Take a look at the Top 9-10, 11 again. Kensucky SEC’s #11 constantly beats the ACC’s now #3 in Louisville. Ole Piss has handily beat up on the ACC in recent years.

SEC #1 Alabama
SEC #2 Texas
SEC #3 uga
SEC #4 Tennessee
SEC #5 Mizzou
SEC #6 Ole Miss
SEC #7 LSU
SEC #8 Oklahoma
SEC #9 Texas A&M
SEC #10 South Carolina
SEC #11 Kensucky

I don’t think South Carolina is very good, but they handled Kensucky. Kensucky pushed uga, and beat Ole Miss. Kensucky has a very good D. That O is barely above Iowa levels at this point.

Who exactly do you see Pitt, Duke, Louisville, SMU, BC, etc beating from the list above? 1-9, I’d say Pitt, UofL, etc has a chance against TAMU, Mizzou. But BC has already lost to Mizzou.

Reality is, the ACC has a major hole after Clemson (I don’t believe in Miami at all). A bunch of 6-8 win teams don’t go up against 9-10 win teams and win too often.
You’re doing the “name brand” thing again. Nothing but SECSPN drivel.

But whatever floats your boat. :dunno:

You’re doing the “name brand” thing again. Nothing but SECSPN drivel.

But whatever floats your boat. :dunno:
The “name” thing. So Duke 5-0 can beat LSU, TAMU, Tennessee, etc. Got it. But can they beat GT?
BC could have beat Mizzou, they lost by 6 points.
Correct. But BC still lost. So that’s a matchup that applies.
Yes, really, dumbshit.
So in other words, you have no answer like 99% of your posts. Got it.

wait, what happened to the acc/big10/pac alliance?
IMG_6432.jpeg

Back