Best Special Teams Game in Years

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
When was the last time we blocked a punt or field goal or took a return to the house? That crazy FSU finish is my guess.

I agree Special Teams haven't been special in a long time. But we shouldn't celebrate mediocrity.
Last Kick return TD was 2018 @ u[sic]ga.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I think the OP is objectively true and sure subjectively true. It is a comparison to GT and not other teams.

1) kickoffs including onside were perfect and that hasn’t been true since Butker
2) 2-2 on FGs
The improvement in these two is basically infinity

3) Kickoff returns: We took the easy 25 most of the time and people complained in the past when we didn’t.

4) Punt Returns. Didn’t fumble and caught all that needed to be caught.

5) Punting: 1 very bad punt that put us in bad position. He got better as the game went on and his last 3 were very good. I’m sure that crowd was different for him. FWIW, he averaged the same as Clemson and their punter is great.

Also, only 1 punt was returned. Our guy is using directional punting to make this happen.

Lastly, Clemson is very good at special teams; they put a lot of good athletes out there.

Buzz'n

Flats Noob
This was the best special teams game we have had in years even with the questionable fair catch on the last kick off.
Kick offs through the end zone.
The best onside kick I can remember.
Two solid field goals.
Punting was solid for a punter in his third football game.
You might have momentarily forgot where you are....this is Stingtalk and that plucky, glass half full attitude will not be tolerated!