Big 10 ded.

They still haven't officially announced until tomorrow. So don't go telling everyone. LOL

2nd thread on this and it's not "official" until tomorrow. I guess there's a chance something could happen between now and then.

Let Big 10 / Pac 12 drink the koolaid and off themselves while the rest of the P5 laughs it off and stays the course.

dc3r5oa-1a962ef8-ec8d-44ec-b9c0-dc7c6e3ca3bb.gif

fe24zwdrfwkz.jpg

https://stingtalk.com/board/threads/big-10-calls-off-2020-season.105174/

Bad look if ACC bitches out and SEC plays

How many threads and posts do we need on something that isn't official yet

Kudos to the Big Ten for making the right call and putting lives above money. No chance football goes on this fall without them. Looks like it's spring football!

So they told the athletes to prepare for a season. They made big announcements about changing their schedules. They rolled out a revised schedule for a Big 10 only slate of games - safe for Maryland to play Nebraska but not, let's say, Towson. They brought the athletes back to campus for workouts, exposing them to one another's potential carrying of COVID-19. And now, we are willing to praise this conference because it obviously cares about lives more than money. I don't buy it.

So they told the athletes to prepare for a season. They made big announcements about changing their schedules. They rolled out a revised schedule for a Big 10 only slate of games - safe for Maryland to play Nebraska but not, let's say, Towson. They brought the athletes back to campus for workouts, exposing them to one another's potential carrying of COVID-19. And now, we are willing to praise this conference because it obviously cares about lives more than money. I don't buy it.
I think they're just adjusting to the evolving health situation; it was always a wait-and-see sort of deal. Covid surged in the summer and it's looking increasing likely there'll be a vaccine by year's end or early next year.

It's probably naive of me to suggest it's more about lives and not about money in some way, but regardless I think this is the right decision given the pandemic's status.

Back